All reviews venice beach santa monica would stay again short walk kitchenette starbucks
Selected filters
Reviewed May 26, 2016 via mobile

I had a really good experience. The room was spacious and clean as well as a clean bathroom with a giant screen TV with directv and only 2 miles from Venice beach. The staff was nice and polite. I didn't have any complaints. I will definitely be returning

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2016 via mobile

Great, tidy and big rooms with a big bed for two. Nice and quiet location on a walking distance from the Venice beach and from great restaurants. The owner was really friendly and welcoming. Highly recommending the Encore motel!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2016

Encore Motel has small rooms but it is on a good spot if you arrive from LAX and want to see Marina, Venice and the coast up to Frisco. Comfy bed, working shower with hot water. A small kitchen make it possible to make your own food but there are plenty of reastaurants around for a quick dinner or to eat out more in style

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2016

We have visited this motel multiple times and have always been satisified. However, we were just there and although the room looked brand new, the bathroom seemed rather dirty on the door frame, walls and ceiling. The toilet, sink and shower are very clean, but it is in need of a good paint job. How they got hair on the ceiling is beyond me. We paid $100 per night, two miles from Venice Beach, straight down Washington Blvd, FREE Parking, across the street from Starbucks, COSTCO and some other fast food restaurants.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alice F
Reviewed November 21, 2015 via mobile

I'm shocked at some of the positive reviews on trip advisor, I genuinely thought it had pretty on the nose reviews. But after coming here based on the reviews I read, I'm fairly pissed off.
First of all this place is way too overpriced and this isn't just coming from my experience but also many other Americans we met that stay around the area, they all believed the price was a joke.
More importantly however the owners of this horrible place are sick, awful individuals with no respect for their customers let alone the poor stray dog I had the poor fortune of watching being beaten by the owner for wandering into the carpark. I reported them for this but I'm sure nothing will come about so if people could please not come here for your own sake at least, maybe it can make a difference.

Date of stay: November 2015