“Totally Worth the Rave!”

City Wander Walks LA
Ranked #78 of 253 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Get off the tour bus and out of traffic, and discover the authentic flavor and feel of L.A. We keep our groups small and intimate, our snack stops local, and keep our walking tours fun; focusing on memorable and interesting stories instead of stale statistics, you'll easily forget. Our action-packed itineraries are available multiple times per week and are enjoyed by locals and visitors alike
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had never visited LA before and was completely LOST when I arrived. A friend of mine suggested I book a tour and really raved about a tour called CityWander Walks. I decided to check them out and see what they were about. I am SO thrilled that I did. The tour host, Brynna was such a bubbly, awesome tour guide and brought the city of LA to life! Her in-depth knowledge of LA's history was extremely impressive and she never once lost my attention. Learning about old time Hollywood was so invigorating. I loved the fact that CityWander made you feel like you were apart of LA instead of just some every day, confused tourist. The added bonus is that you were actually able to get a bit of exercise in as well on this walk My friend definitely didn't steer me wrong ....this tour company was 10000% WORTH the rave!

2  Thank MissPCannon

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of taking an awesome Hollywood Walking about a year ago & we're thinking about doing it again. Not only did were we filled in on the faces & places of our favorite celebs, we also had plenty of laughs. Our guide made things relevant & she found a way to keep us interested in chatting. We felt like we were on a field trip like back in high school or something, it was fun to be walking about the town and taking in the sights.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had been to LA a few times, but always just hit a couple of touristy spots and that was it. If you have ever traveled to a different city, you know what I mean – sort of hit and miss touring.
This last time I went I was determined to see the “real” LA. After checking out several tour companies, I settled on CityWander. Good choice, very good.
The day was overcast and a little gloomy so my friend decided against driving out to the beach so she accompanied me. Our little tour group was small and intimate. Our tour guide, Brynna was awesome. She joked with us, made us laugh, shared interesting tidbits of trivia about the city and kept us interested. She was so knowledgeable! We pretty much forgot we were on a tour; she made us feel as if we were touring the city with a close friend showing us “her” city that she love and knows like the back of her hand.
Brynna walked us all over Santa Monica, pointing out the notable sites, entertaining us with stories of the city and sharing interesting, sometimes obscure facts. We had decadent little treats, shared some laughter and had a really good time.
What I liked most, I think, is that the tour was relaxed, flexible. I have been on other tours where it seemed we were on a strict time schedule and had to hit certain marks at specific times. This made the tours feel rushed and hectic. Brynna did not operate this way, though. If we needed to stop, we stopped. Not once did she look at her watch or even mention a time schedule. As I said, it was more like a friend showing us around than a tour guide.
Another thing to note here, there was no “down time.” I have been on other tours where you go from one landmark, then the next landmark and there was nothing personal, no fun trivia. It was quite boring.
But my tour with CityWander was not like that at all. Brynna kept our attention and she made it fun. It seemed that every corner we turned had some funny, interesting or intriguing story attached to it. I never knew LA had so much personality! We hit all the “regular” sights, but she also took us to little out of the way places that are often missed by both tourists and more commercial tour companies.
This is a tour for all ages. Brynna had the teenagers as engaged as the adults. She joked with them and asked questions to test their knowledge. They had a great time. When it was over and we all parted, one teen boy commented on how much fun he had. Then he said, “I actually feel like I learned something!” LOL
Next time I am in town, I think I will take in another tour with CityWander. It is a great way to see the city and get a feel for the city vibe. You almost feel like one of the locals. My neighbors are taking a trip to LA later this summer. I have already given them the information and told them this is a must-do while in LA.

2  Thank dooleylin
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I love history and I love the movies too. City Wander host Brynna made them both come alive for me and my fellow travelers in an exciting new way. Most everyone is captivated by Hollywood and its mystique. Many tourists are content to simply drive by on a bus and take in the prepackaged pablum version of Hollywood.

With many studies showing how overweight people have become, City Wanderer's walking tours are the perfect antidote for that expanding tummy syndrome. Plus it's one thing to hear the bus driver recite a few lines about attractions and landmarks as you whiz by in a bus.

But quite another to feel and touch the history in reel time. I heartily encourage everyone to get some exercise and some education at the same time with City Wanderer's awesome "Behind the Sign Hollywood Walking Tour". It's soo worth it and you could tell that Brynna was having just as much fun as us lucky City Wanderer patrons were.

There is truly nothing like enjoying Hollywood's fast lane from the slow and steady paths that our hostess led us down, through and up. We got some fab exercise on the Hollywood walking tour, narrated with intelligent and witty commentaries from our gracious host Brynna. Next vacation I'm going to plan a little more time so I can take the rest of the amazing City Wanderer walking tours!

2  Thank Martin M
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Brynna is a true american entrepreneur, intelligent and able to pass the locale information easily and in a fun and interesting manner. None of the "on your left you will see..." "on the right you will see..." Yawn! She actually knows her stuff and can field questions!!!
I am sure we will see her again next time we are in town!

1  Thank Clintness