“Awesome Tour!”

City Wander Walks LA
Ranked #74 of 251 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Get off the tour bus and out of traffic, and discover the authentic flavor and feel of L.A. We keep our groups small and intimate, our snack stops local, and keep our walking tours fun; focusing on memorable and interesting stories instead of stale statistics, you'll easily forget. Our action-packed itineraries are available multiple times per week and are enjoyed by locals and visitors alike
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome Tour!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

When my girlfriend and I went to Los Angeles, we knew nothing about the city and needed a little help getting started. We decided upon CityWander and definitely don't regret it. I think it's safe to say now that we could find our way around some of LA's best spots (Bunker Hill, Grand Park, etc.) with ease. This was mostly due to our wonderful guide, Brynna. She really knows her stuff and was had lots of fun stories to keep us engaged. She kept us entertained and intrigued to find out more about what the city had to offer. Definitely check these guys out if you want to be in the know about LA!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Joe P
Brynna B, Owner at City Wander Walks LA, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thanks so much for the review, we hope you visit us again!

Pasadena, California, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“They keep cancelling the tours!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The tours from CityWander sounded really good. Therefore we kept trying to rebook, even though there was one cancellation after another. At first, the reasons for the cancellations made sense, the guide had had an accident. But then there were more cancellations where the only reason given was that a big party had just cancelled so that there would not be enough people on the tour. Overall, we had 7 cancellations for 2 tours until we finally gave up. We were very flexible and had even asked CityWander to suggest dates to us that would work out to prevent further cancellations. But then they cancelled anyway.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Swantje W
Hello Swantje,

I see that after your review was removed you felt the need to post again. I have personally contacted you on 2 occasions explaining that it is our company policy, that you agreed to that if we do not have 3 people on a tour it will be cancelled, with 24 hours notice given. We have responded to all of your email concerns, apologized for the cancellation, and offered you a full refund as an act of good faith that you actually profited from, as you did not buy a ticket from us, but from a third party source that you also received a refund from. As you never went on a tour, I am consistently surprised that you describe us as being 'terrible'. There is nothing else I can say, I always responded promptly, gave you a refund when I was under no obligation to, and apologized for your outlier experience (as shown by our other reviews) You are clearly still very upset, as evidenced, by re-posting a review from 2 weeks ago, and I am sorry that you were that irate, but I genuinely do not know what else you expected us to do for you to give you a positive experience. Best of luck with your other travel experiences.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fabulous, informative tours”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I took one of citywander's tours during my recent trip to Los Angeles and I cannot recommend them highly enough. The guide was well informed and the walk was pleasant and not too strenuous. A great way to spend a few hours- I'd definitely go back!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Violetbleu
Thank you so much for the wonderful review, we hope to see you again soon!
Austin, Texas
“Excellent tour!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was a great tour of Los Angeles! It was great to see downtown by foot, and the tour guide was very knowledgable about all of the buildings and streets. It was great to see Chinatown and learn about some of the culture, and it helped that it was a beautiful day out. This was a wonderful way to experience the city, and I would definitely go on a walking tour again.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Allie1993
Thank you so much for the review, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Austin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Super Relaxed, Super Friendly!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had never been to LA on my own before, so I signed up for the CityWander tour. It was a wonderful experience! Brynna made our trip around the city feel more like an outing with a friend than a tour with a stranger. She definitely knows how to make the experience come alive: instead of telling you about the Godmother at Bay Cities, she'll take you in for a sample.

I also loved the way Brynna clearly adores the area. She knows so much about every neighborhood's culture, and history, and she shares it all freely.

Overall, I was impressed. I felt so comfortable, and I learned so much!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Nicole Z
Thank you for the wonderful review, and we hope to see you again soon!