“Fun but I think we missed some things”
Review of Dolby Theatre

Dolby Theatre
Book In Advance
More Info
$35.00*
and up
Hollywood and Stars' Homes Tour in Open Bus
More attraction details
Owner description: Home of the Academy Awards, Kodak Theater offers a 30-minute guided tour that includes a visit to the theater, VIP room and Oscar history.
Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun but I think we missed some things”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was a really interesting tour, it *was* cool to be "where the stars go", and see it all in person. You really can't grasp the enormity of the place unless you have been there. We did not get to see or go into the lower area, as there was a set for some show being constructed (or taken down) when we toured in September 2012. So, we were up in the balcony. I was quite nervous as I have a fear of heights and we also had our 28 month old son with us, so I was busy keeping him safe. I would like to go back some time and be able to see the lower area too. The bar with the glass walls that obscure line of sight was really neat to see. Our tour was included in our purchase of the "Go Los Angeles" cards that we got, otherwise I don't know that we'd have done it separately.

Visited February 2013

283 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 218 helpful votes
“Very cool”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Did the 30 minute tour of the dolby (previous kodak) theatre. Was really cool to be on the stage where the oscars are held. It's as close as i'll ever get unfortunately :( Was a nice tour with a good guide, very thorough. Highly recommend doing the tour if you have the time!

Visited December 2013
Tczew, Poland
194 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“nice”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

It was nice to be able to climb the stairs the stars climb to get their Oscars! :] We wish we had taken the tour, though, to get to know a bit more. NIce atmospehere around the buidling.

Visited August 2013
London
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC VISIT”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

City Pass had an option for this tour and I am so glad I did this! Every year I am glued to the TV when the Oscars are on and now I got to sit in the seats themselves! Sadly not on the ground floor as they were setting up for the next award show, but the tour guide takes you backstage and shows you the different areas. You learn some interesting facts about the ceremony and the building. Sadly no photos are allowed inside but all the more reason to pay attention. I can only highly recommend this!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank MarijkeLondon
Gold Coast Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Fantastic inside peek at the Oscars”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This was a great tour with so much cool information about the preparation for the Oscars and what actually happens on the night. You get to stand on the stage ( if you're lucky ) and also go on the Winners Walk - do the tour to find out what happens once you win an Oscar and how it all works. The theatre was built especially for the Oscars and has great trivia and VIP access that you would never get unless you are nominated or a presenter. Cool.

Visited November 2013