“Ahhhhhhhhh”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Ahhhhhhhhh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Very well maintained and serene spa. I've purchased several massages here over the years and have always found the therapists to be outstanding and highly skilled. The facilities are fantastic with a jacuzzi tub, steam room, sauna and misting room. The staff is efficient and attentive. It's a bit pricey, but part of what you pay for are the facilities, so it's worth it to me. The only negative is the location. In order to get from the parking lot to the spa you have to walk throught the outdoor shopping mall, which is noisy and crowded. After my treatment, this always distracts a little from any serenity I may have gained and I usually have no make up on, so feel a bit self conscious as I furtively make my way back through the crowds to my car. Not sure if Burke Williams could do anything about that, but it would make a big difference if they could.

Visited August 2013

los angeles
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Shopping Mall Spa....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I think the title speaks for itself. Avoid and spend your money somewhere that has some character and charm.

Visited May 2012
Los Angeles
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Massage was very good, but I for less time than I paid for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I paid for a 50-minute massage and got 40 minutes of massage time because the massage therapist was late. The actual massage was very good, but unfortunate that something like this would happen at such expensive spa. The spa facility is very small. I would only recommend going here if you have a coupon for a massage. Not worth paying full price. It's not as fancy as you would expect this place to be.

Visited September 2012
Kuwait City, Kuwait
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best relaxation destination in LA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

My friends and I did a New Year's day treat for ourselves and did not regret it. Within minutes of walking in we were attended to, and while waiting for a masseuse or massage therapist we were directed to the lounge where there are fruits, cucumber water, and hot tea. Afterwhich we were given a brief tour of the facilities so we can find our way to the sauna, pool, locker room, bathroom and dressing room where hair dryers, cooling face towels are there for our use. There is also a Quiet Room to relax in after your massage so you need not hurry to go, the room is dimly sit with comfortable chair you can actually lie on in case you want to take a nap or just extend the effect of their wonderful massage.

I did not find anything amiss in this place because it is clean, well managed and has a calm, relaxing feel to it. The massage itself was oh so good! I would love to come back again and again.

Visited January 2012
Los Angeles
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Forget this place.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

You can't reach your local spa when you call. The call goes to a central location so you have to wait on hold for your local location. Then they call your home number using an automated recording confirming your appointment, which I felt was really unprofessional and cold. They got my appt time wrong on the recorded message so I had to call the call center and wait on hold for three minutes. I arrived at the spa and was taken to the ladies' locker room, where the receptionist tried to explain where I was supposed to wait for my therapist, but not being familiar with the place it didn't make much sense. Why didn't she point out the waiting area as we were walking thru it a moment ago?? So I just stood in the hall outside the locker room! My therapist found me and we walked a long way down several hallways and up to the second floor to the room. I told her I only wanted my hips worked on (and placed my hands on the ball and socket joints which were tight), and firmer pressure on my arms and hands. She immediately said she forgot what I said and asked me to repeat it. Then she used very light pressure on my arms and I repeatedly asked her to use more pressure. She spent 80% of the time on my back, which I didn't ask for. I kept waiting for her to work on my hips. She turned me over and said she was going to work on my neck, so I said I was looking forward to her working on my hips. (hint, hint). She had no idea I wanted my hips worked on!! Then she says you mean your low back? Hmmm...she's studied anatomy and doesn't know the difference between low back and hips? Then she says they are not allowed to work "lower down" but could work over the sheet if I wanted. Huh? But she never did get work the hips at all. What a waste of time and money.

Visited July 2012