“Not a Vegan but WOW”
Review of Cafe Gratitude

Cafe Gratitude
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Gratitude is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 10,140 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Melrose
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had dinner here with my daughter and some friends. I am not a vegetarian or vegan and I was skeptical but thought I would be open minded enough to give it a try.
We arrived just before the dinner rush on a Friday night. Staff was friendly and helpful. I ordered the "I am Humble" Indian curried lentils over brown quinoa, with sautéed seasonal vegatables, sweet potatoes and spinach, drizzled with a spicy mint chutney and sweet tamarind sauce. It was delicious!
By the time we were finished, there was a line at the door and people were jockeying for our parking space!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Gratitude

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have nothing but good things to say about Cafe Gratitude! It was one of the best experiences I have had while in LA. The service was friendly and our server knew the menu backwards and forwards able to answer any additional questions I had about specific items. I had been given recommendations from several friends of what to order when there and I could tell from the food coming out to other tables that you could not go wrong. I had a starter, meal and dessert and the home brewed (best I had ever had - and I drink a lot of kombucha) kombucha and spent $35 (well worth it). The inside is sleek and modern and the outdoor seating charming. I went on a Sunday evening and the place was packed for hours. Be prepared to hear that they might be out of something since everything is fresh that day and if they are out- they are out. Not to worry, there is PLENTY to try on the menu. The only drawback was that they had on 4 outdoor heaters that made the outdoor patio too hot for me but I am used to the cold and it could've been the Northerner in me. Overall: going again, can't wait, already want to go back tomorrow.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The food was great - all organic, all vegan. Lots of interesting choices, too. It's a bit of a scene - most tables were filled with young people in groups but the patio seats were very comfortable and quieter. Pricey but serve dishes that I don't see elsewhere with the question of the day from the server to make you think peace and serenity. Nice location away from the beach area - about 5 blocks from Venice Beach.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our family of vegans and omnivores always finds many scrumptious choices at this popular Larchmont cafe. Servers are soooo L.A. -- hip, helpful, chic and a little spacey. We never get exactly what we order, but it always works out fine and we love the food. On a recent visit, I had something sort of southwestern, with quinoa and black beans and some kind of salsa. My dining companion had a stew which seemed Asian inspired and was equally yummy. Roasted yams with dipping sauce were an irresistible appetizer, and key lime pie was first rate afterwards. The tea is good, but order carefully. I'm not so keen on cayenne pepper in my tea. Yeah, I read the description but thought I'd be adventurous. But everything else I've ordered in six visits has been wonderful. The names of the dishes are goofy-funny but why not? The restaurant has plenty of personality and imagination, plus a skilled hand in the kitchen. We will always return.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The location and food quality are amazing . I have food allergies so I couldn't find things on the menu for me, but my husband ate and loved everything he tried. The service was very slow and I would actually say poor. I'm not sure why as they were not busy, but it seem unorganized and strange. If you are a vegan and without food allergies, visit here for sure!