“Really first-rate place”
Review of Cafe Gratitude

Cafe Gratitude
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Gratitude is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 10,744 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Melrose
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have to start out by admitting two things- I'm not a vegetarian and I used to cook in a steakhouse. So I did not go here expecting a lot. I was most impressed. I had the best salad I've had anywhere (the dishes are named for human qualities/emotions, so all I can say is that it was the one with the shredded beets) I also had a kale salad that was fantastic. I ordered a 'Humble' which showed how tasty vegetables can be if cooked expertly. Service was impeccable. It's not cheap, but they clearly are using the best quality ingredients and the execution is flawless.

1  Thank UtahMarty

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had no idea this place was vegan. I practically licked my plate clean. Love the way they named the options on the menu "I am awesome," "I am fulfilled,". "I am humble." Very zen lunch.

1  Thank Julie N
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This has become my hands down favorite restaurant to go to with friends and family. The menu and it's "names" for inventive vegan dishes always brings a smile. The food delivers every time and the staff is always cheerful, attentive and engaging no matter how busy the restaurant is. Want to miss the wait ? Go during the Superbowl.

2  Thank flyingmane
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I absolutely loved this place and thought it was "awesome!"

I was extremely skeptical about coming here as I have never been to a vegan restaurant and the prices really deterred me away. I originally had dinner plans elsewhere but changed the location to here last minute. The restaurant itself is super cute and loved the patio outdoor seating. It was looking good already!

To start, we shared "I am Grounded." This was surprising good! I loved all the flavors and the spicy nacho cheese wasn't too cheesy. It was a bit on the heavy side but since I shared with 3 others, it was fine.

I ordered "I Am Awesome." I enjoyed every single bite out of this eggplant sandwich. You MUST get the hemp seed pesto. I still have no idea what it was but it was awesome with the eggplant parmesan. The sandwich didn't look too appetizing at first but it was so awesomely delicious, I didn't want to participate in our table conversation and just wanted to stuff my mouth with the sandwich the entire time. Damn that was so good.

I also got to try "I Am Fortified" and "I Am Whole." They were OK, not really my thing but they give you a large of the stuff and it was quite tasty. I'm not sure if I would've lasted after 3 spoonfuls.

For the desserts, we had the " I Am Irresistible" and the "I Am Awakening." It was also my first time having vegan desserts and it was interesting. I found the taste very similar to the real stuff without all the heaviness. What I loved the most was the crust. It was super nutty and I loved it. Could I just order a side of the crusts?

The service was a bit on the slow side but everything else was great! I love that they have their own parking lot although it's small. I'm already planning my next visit! GO!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Such a great restaurant!!! Beautiful place, lovely people, delicious and healthy meals! I love that place!! There are many vegan restaurants in LA but this is one of my favorite!! They have delicious raw meals, and delicious vegan meals, that I prefer for a nice warm dinner, they have lots of juices and smoothies, and delicious desserts! It's a place to try! You will love it for sure!
You can go by yourself and sit at the bar if you want, or with groups, for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and they have a terrace!

2  Thank Krystelle005