“Inventive menu, amazing food, attentive service”
Review of Cafe Gratitude

Cafe Gratitude
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Gratitude is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 9,980 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Melrose
Los Angeles
“Inventive menu, amazing food, attentive service”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This has become my hands down favorite restaurant to go to with friends and family. The menu and it's "names" for inventive vegan dishes always brings a smile. The food delivers every time and the staff is always cheerful, attentive and engaging no matter how busy the restaurant is. Want to miss the wait ? Go during the Superbowl.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank flyingmane

• Korean first
New York City, New York
“I Am Awesome!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I absolutely loved this place and thought it was "awesome!"

I was extremely skeptical about coming here as I have never been to a vegan restaurant and the prices really deterred me away. I originally had dinner plans elsewhere but changed the location to here last minute. The restaurant itself is super cute and loved the patio outdoor seating. It was looking good already!

To start, we shared "I am Grounded." This was surprising good! I loved all the flavors and the spicy nacho cheese wasn't too cheesy. It was a bit on the heavy side but since I shared with 3 others, it was fine.

I ordered "I Am Awesome." I enjoyed every single bite out of this eggplant sandwich. You MUST get the hemp seed pesto. I still have no idea what it was but it was awesome with the eggplant parmesan. The sandwich didn't look too appetizing at first but it was so awesomely delicious, I didn't want to participate in our table conversation and just wanted to stuff my mouth with the sandwich the entire time. Damn that was so good.

I also got to try "I Am Fortified" and "I Am Whole." They were OK, not really my thing but they give you a large of the stuff and it was quite tasty. I'm not sure if I would've lasted after 3 spoonfuls.

For the desserts, we had the " I Am Irresistible" and the "I Am Awakening." It was also my first time having vegan desserts and it was interesting. I found the taste very similar to the real stuff without all the heaviness. What I loved the most was the crust. It was super nutty and I loved it. Could I just order a side of the crusts?

The service was a bit on the slow side but everything else was great! I love that they have their own parking lot although it's small. I'm already planning my next visit! GO!

• Visited October 2012
Boca Raton, Florida
“One of my favorite raw-vegan restaurant!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Such a great restaurant!!! Beautiful place, lovely people, delicious and healthy meals! I love that place!! There are many vegan restaurants in LA but this is one of my favorite!! They have delicious raw meals, and delicious vegan meals, that I prefer for a nice warm dinner, they have lots of juices and smoothies, and delicious desserts! It's a place to try! You will love it for sure!
You can go by yourself and sit at the bar if you want, or with groups, for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and they have a terrace!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Krystelle005
Carlsbad, CA USA
“One of my favorite restaurants in the world!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place has amazing raw food, vegan food and gluten free food. The atmosphere at the new Hollywood location is great! But, the reason to come is for the food. If you are raw, vegan or gluten free, you have to come try this place. It is not cheap, but if you avoid the expensive drinks, you can escape rather cheaply.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank CSkiSurf
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great Food and Service!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Cafe Gratitude operates in a whole new echelon from most restaurants. Their approach to customer service is innovative and effective. Every server and host is effervescent with charisma and attention to the customer. You really feel the love!

I once had an issue with the host about who got seated first on a first-come, first serve basis, and after I expressed my frustration, the manager and host were deeply apologetic and made great efforts to make sure my party and I were really satisfied with the outcome. They even gave us free appetizers and dessert!

About the food: this cuisine is very unique and made with the very finest quality ingredients. It tastes great and leaves you feeling energetic and light! However it is not for everybody, all the time. If you are craving a traditional burger and fries, and I do sometimes, don't go here. But if eating organic healthy food is what you have in mind, it is a great choice!

The overall atmosphere is energetic, festive, very casual, and sexy! Lots of beautiful people eat here, some famous ones too. But the overall vibe is welcoming and non-pretentious.

Parking is a bit frustrating but you can usually find street parking just driving around the block. I believe they have valet and also an underground parking lot that is avail only on weekends.

New favorite dish: "I am Bonita" - it is listed under breakfast foods but I have it at all times of day when I want something not too big but simple and nourishing. I believe it has brown rice, black beans, tomato, salsa, cilantro, pumpkin seeds, and vegan cheese or sour cream. basically, mexican basics done vegan-style. Brilliant!

• Visited December 2012