Lowest prices for your stay
$169
$169
Free cancellation until 02/18/23
Trip.com
$136
Hotels.com$169
Travelocity$169
Algotels$183
All reviews free parking family suite clean rooms visit universal studios king bed walking distance easy access noho armoire hangers cons pros
Selected filters
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

I took a chance in booking a room at this hotel. We were planning a trip to LA and had a room booked at another major chain when we found out they had some unsavory publicity recently and we refused to spend our money there.

I saw photos online and called the hotel directly to book. They permitted me to have my dog for an additional fee of $35/night. I went ahead and booked a family suite which was a king bed, queen bed and a twin bed. I was charged a rate of $170/night.

The neighborhood is not that great. You can see it's developing, but there are some blocks that are good, some decent, and some not great. The hotel really is no reflection of the neighborhood. The rooms have been refurbished. I will say the furniture is a bit aged. The armore in our room had a large piece of granite attached to it, as if it were reused from a different location.

Towels were at bit of a premium. We had to ask for new towels almost every day. Nothing wrong with that considering I didn't want maid service daily since I was leaving my dog in the room during the day.

You can see the people who own this establishment care about their business and they are trying to make it work.

The photos online I think are a true depiction of what you will see when you walk into your room.

The continental breakfast is nothing special, but it's better than nothing at all. Same can be said for the coffee. If you want gourmet, there's a Starbucks down the road.

I do think that paying $35/night for my dog was way too much. It really drove up the price of the room. I spent well over $600 for three nights. I'm. It sure it was worth the price for the neighborhood.

There is not a hair dryer in the room, so bring your own if you care about that.

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank 321christab
ranna p, Manager at Colony Inn North Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2018

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

Lots of spaces in parking lot. Reliable wifi. Rooms were cleaned every day. Zero issues. In a good location with a Walgreens and other late night food options close by. My new go-to LA hotel whenever I come back!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank dbreviewer60763
ranna p, General Manager at Colony Inn North Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2018

Reviewed August 25, 2017

The rooms were clean and the beds okay, no coffee pot in the rooms. The hotel it's self is more like a motel and the parking lot was packed and very small, but free. Breakfast was in a small back room that looked like an old storage room. They served small muffins, yogurt, toast and cereal with milk, juice or coffee. I do not think the price was good for what you get, but the location was good for what we needed.

Trip type: Traveled with family
ranna p, Guest Relations Manager at Colony Inn North Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Sorry you had a bad experience. We will work deligently to fix those problems you experienced.

Reviewed August 20, 2017

Our room was clean. The bathroom was nice and had the usual amenities available. The bed was decent and there were four pillows provided which is nice! The front staff was very friendly. The continental breakfast isnt a grand buffet but it was free and convenient! This place is perfect for trips to Universal Studios. With free hotel parking you can't beat the cost to uber from the hotel to the park! Will be staying here again!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank heathuhh
ranna p, Public Relations Manager at Colony Inn North Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Thank for your review ,we take utmost care in providing excellence service to our guests.

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night. It was convenient for where we were. The beds are a little hard, but you really couldn't beat it for the price. The rooms were very clean. Breakfast was basic, but satisfying. Wish there was a coffee pot in the room, but was super happy they had liquid creamer in the lobby. Wish the cups were bigger. :) *hint hint*

Trip type: Traveled with family
ranna p, Front Office Manager at Colony Inn North Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your suggestions as we continue to renovate the premises and services.