“Hollywood tour”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Hollywood tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Had a great time on this tour with Michael our tour guide who was very knowledgable and relaxed. Pleasant small tour bus making for a small and friendly group. Saw everything we wanted to see and would recommend.

Los Angeles, California
“Hollywood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

A very enthusiastic tour guide and some nice tourist sights. It was the first tour I went on, so I have nothing else to compare it to. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole tour

Visited June 2012
UK
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A bit disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

The Tour included driving to a position to see the Hollywood sign and looking at a few stars houses before going to Rodeo
Drive and Hollywood Boulevard which was incredibly run down
and tatty, not what we expected at all.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Jan93
Gorman, TX
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“More than Met My Expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

We took the Hollywood Sightseeing Tours by California Tour Lines (blue van). First of all, I called just the night before, and we got a tour the next morning (mid-May). For $10.00 extra, the tour picked us up at our hotel, and we were not at a major hotel at all.

We took the Grand Tour, which includes the beaches as well as Hollywood, but when we got into the van, I mentioned in conversation that I chose the beaches over Griffith Park Observatory and that it was a difficult choice. The tour guide, Frank, said "Well, maybe you can do both." I thought, "No way will we finish in time for us to find a ride to Griffith Park." Once everyone was picked up and the tour had begun, Frank said, "I like to operate on inspiration. I am going to take you to Griffith Observatory, and we will see the Hollywood sign from there." I was ecstatic. We still saw the normal Hollywood homes, Chinese Theater, and etc., but Frank went above and beyond to make our experience the best. He was friendly and knowledgeable, and has a son who is an award winning musician. He was the best!

I would recommend this tour and this tour guide to anyone coming to LA for the first time. The transit system is lousy, but Frank allowed us to see the sights, and we got to get out at the major attractions: Gruman's Chinese Theater, Farmer's Market, Griffith Park, Santa Monica Beach, Venice Beach, Marina Del Rey's Fisherman's Village.

Visited May 2012