“Just Great”

Agra Tandoori
Ranked #1,637 of 10,346 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This place is comfortable and the food is amazing. The waiter was extremely friendly and even suggested good dishes for us to try. I recommend the lamb Saag and Chicken Tikka Masala. It is very good quality, and not too greasy

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very good! We ordered a vegetable samosa, chicken makhani and chicken pagana with garlic naan and rice. Everything was just delicious to perfection! They gave us just enough rice! The service was perfect too! All in all, we had a good time overall here. Everything was excellent to perfection!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband, 10 year old daughter, and I had dinner at Agra Tandoori on Sunday 6/3/12. I wanted to have Indian food, and checked out Restaurant.com for certificates. After reading some great reviews, I decided on giving Agra Tandoori a try.

When we entered the restaurant, we were greeted by Frank and he brought us to a booth table. Frank was very nice and outgoing. We were given the Indian version of chips and salsa. They’re called papadums - crisp, delicious Indian flatbread / cracker / wafer. The sauces were a sweet brown sauce, a spicy green sauce, and pickled carrots with jalapenos. It was delicious.

We ordered:

Assorted Appetizer for Two ($7.95) – Samosa (potato and peas), Onion Bhaje (fried onion), Chicken Tikka, Seekh Kabab, Lamb Tikka. This was served with mango chutney, which tasted great. We all liked the samosa, onion bhaje, chicken tikka, and the lamb tikka. The seekh kabab is minced meat

Chicken Tikka Masala ($11.95) - Boneless Chicken Tikka sautéed in masala gravy with tomatoes. This was my favorite dish.

Beef Karahi ($11.95) – This was my husband’s and daughter’s favorite dish. My husband said it was like a mole stew. He called it Indian “Chili Colorado.” The meat was very tender.

Vegetable Coconut Curry ($8.95) – Mixed vegetables, cooked with coconut and curry sauce. This was my least favorite dish. I love coconut curry, but it also had mint in it, and I didn’t like it as much. Probably won’t order this again.

We got the above dishes medium spicy, with extra spicy sauce on the side. It’s a slow, but very spicy heat.

Sag Biryani ($7.95) - Spinach cooked with aromatic rice and flavored with saffron. This was buttery and delicious!

Garlic Naan (2 orders @ $2.95 each) – this was delicious!

For dessert, we ordered the Kulfi ($2.95) - Indian ice cream made from pistachio nut, banana, cream. This was yummy!

Our server Frank gave us great service! He also gave us a VIP 15% discount card for future visits.

Our bill totaled about $74, including an 18% tip. With our $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate, we paid about $49 out the door. We ended having a lot of leftover to bring home. Next time, we will order 2 entrees, garlic naan, and a rice dish. Since the certificates can only be used for dinner, I’ll save my 15% off VIP card for lunch!

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Ever heard of Tarzana, California? It has a great little Indian restaurant on the main street. Food is excellent and very authentic. Very friendly staff and great service. Seems to be popular with the locals and college students. Had the meal for two and had leftovers. Very different bread than I'd had before. You will enjoy your meal there.