“Yummy Sunday Lunch/Dinner”
Review of Rock'N Fish

Rock'N Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Rock'N Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #145 of 10,030 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: 7 Minute Walk from Metro Red Line (7th Metro Center) and 3 minute Walk from Metro Blue Line (Pico Station. Metro Rail Pico Station is one block away, use Trip Planner on www.metro.net or (800)COMMUTE. Metro link schedules: www.metrolinktrains.com or call (800)371-LINK (5465). LADOT/DASH/Commuter Express 213/808-2273.
Description: This lively restaurant is the second location for the South Bay’s Premier seafood and steak establishment. ROCK’N FISH at L.A. LIVE offers a fun,vibrant, casually elegant atmosphere with its full bar featuring over 200 brands of liquor, its 300 bottle wine list with focus on California wines, and extensive dining menu capturing the flavors of American regional cuisine. With the addition of a quarter million dollar exhaust system; ROCK’N FISH continues their tradition of capturing the unique flavor of oak grilling for their vegetables, fish and meats along with offering freshly baked breads. You have your choice of seating options, whether you prefer a casual bar table, a booth in the main dining room, a table in their heated, enclosed patio, or even to host a private banquet of up to 50 guests. Keep in mind that the patio can be seated year round. If you miss the happy hour on the early end, be sure to catch it on the later side and look for the late night menu as well.
Los Angeles, California
“Yummy Sunday Lunch/Dinner”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My friend and I dined at Rock'N'Fish on a sunny but breezy Sunday afternoon, so we decided to eat outside. I got the salmon sandwich with sides of sautéed spinach and the spicy mac n cheese. The sandwich was good, the mac and cheese was very good (only a little spicy), and the spinach could have been a bit more tasty. Our waiter was very friendly and right on time when asking if we needed anything.

It's a little pricey here but not too outrageous. There was a Clippers game later that evening, so the crowd was just starting to pick up with fans. LA Live has really a nice, urban yet refined downtown environment, and I love the buzzing energy about the place.

• Visited March 2014

Los Altos, California
“highs and lows make it just average ”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I ate dinner here with a party of 12 colleagues. We arrived for our 7:30 reservation, but opted to wait 30 minutes on order to sit outside. We were seated right on schedule.

On the up side:
Our server was quite attentive, but not "over present" as some can be. Main courses come with two sides when ordering from the dinner menu. I ordered the Mahi Mahi with sides of spicy mac and cheese and cajun corn on the cob. The sides were the highlight of the meal. The mac and cheese was spectacular! Just the right amount of zing that lit up your palate late. The corn was also incredibly flavorful. Additionally, we sat outdoors and the weather was spectacular on a late March evening. I also got to grab a taste of one of the crab cakes from a friends plate. The crab cake was a real treat; one of the best I've had!

On the down side:
Mahi Mahi is always exciting to see as a fish selection on the menu. It makes my heart sing! Unfortunately, the fish was quite dry and overcooked. So disappointing. The price of the menu items was also pretty steep for the portions received.

Overall, this is the reason for the average rating...some good and some bad. If you go to Rock N Fish, the crab cakes and spicy mac and cheese are a must!

Aventura, Florida
“Average for this overpriced, turisty area”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The food is nothing to write home about. The only reason why this is a decent place is bec the waitress was actually nice and kept smiling. This is unusual in a place full with stuck-ups.

Visited February 2014
Milford, Michigan, United States
“Very Good”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We took a group of 15 to this restaurant and were treated with excellent service and follow-up. The food was very good and two people said it was the BEST Jambalya EVER (one lady is 87!).

Visited January 2014
Redondo Beach
“Waste of money...”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I went to Rock N'Fish this past Sunday to have lunch before watching the Bulls beat the Lakers (YEAH!). We eat at the Rock N'Fish in Manhattan Beach a lot and figured why not.
Well what a waste of money. The Bloody Mary we ordered had a shrimp hanging on the edge of the glass which was cool but the shrimp was so bland and dry.....We had Fish N'Chips and they were just bad. So much fried batter and hardly any fish (the little bit of fish we had was very good)... I did bring this up to the waiter and he offered to bring me a new order but I declined since I could not stand the smell of the grease.
To bad for this place - cause we paid $ 17.00 per plate for a lump of greasy, stinky batter ...Thank God that the place in Manhattan Beach is the total opposite cause this one would have LOST the Fish N'Chip contest big time.

• Visited February 2014