All reviewssanta monicasunset boulevardafternoon cookiesyogurtfree parkingbeverly hillsqueen roomtea and coffeea great place to stayevery morningnice breakfastsmall hotelclose proximityrooms are cleandesk stafflocation was perfectboutique hotel
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed here from time-to-time with never a problem...even put up friends here for a night or two, but never again. The manager or assistant manager, Evan, accused my guests, my adopted family from Virginia, of stealing a plastic ice container. When they said they knew nothing about it, he inappropriately pressed the issue with two harassing phone calls after they had checked out. This Evan guy is a whining, unpleasant little man, who likes to greet guests with a toady, insincere, "we're best friends, since I said hi to you once" personality, the kind of thing one wishes to escape from in a big, bad, impersonal city such as Los Angeles.

In addition to the above, the rooms can be as much as $200 a night, which is OUTRAGEOUS, considering there's NO SWIMMING POOL, NO JACUZZI, NO GYM and NO RESTAURANT ANYWHERE on the PROPERTY.

Best to stay SOMEWHERE ELSE.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank beardedguy
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently stayed two nights here and I am torn about the property. Overall, it's affordable, friendly, and has a great location, but I guess I would say it doesn't quite live up to the rave TripAdvisor reviews. Close to Brentwood the pickings are slim. If you just want a quiet, affordable, comfortable stay you will probably love this place. If you are accustomed to staying in full service hotels, you may find it less appealing. Other candidates in the area include the Luxe on Sunset, the W Westwood, and possibly the Ambrose.

Pros:
- Great location (Walkable to San Vicente)
- Extremely friendly staff
- Clean rooms and public space
- Very affordable

Cons:
- The bathrooms are tiny and a little bit dingy in a way that's hard to put my finger on. It may be the tile.
- They have a draconian cancellation policy, although the hotel staff indicated they would be willing to negotiate something more flexible if the hotel was not very busy, and provided I called when making the reservation to discuss.
- The rooms all open directly to the outdoors, which is a safety concern for some solo travelers.
- The hotel has a modest continental breakfast but is not full-service.
- The rooms themselves are on the small side.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank AlphaFlyer
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We spent our last night in LA here. That was our first time, and it appears that we chose the right place.
Well appointed room, close to Sunset Blv, yet very quiet, and a perfect location to go anywhere you need, right on the 405 to LAX or to the Central Coast.
The staff was outstanding, friendly, warm, and helpful as we had never experienced before.
Great value for money. You can book here without hesitation.
Thanks again for all your help, guys!

Room Tip: We had a king size, they are on the side, ground floor only (so no stepping noise from above). They are close to Sunset Blv, but sound-proof, so if you like it quiet, that's perfect.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at the Brentwood Inn in September on both ends of a CA trip. It was recommended by friends who are seasoned and savvy travelers, so we booked without hesitation and were not disappointed.

We requested a room with two twin beds. The rooms are small but cleverly designed to provide you with what you need. Very clean. Front desk staff friendly and helpful and glad to help with restaurant and neighborhood recommendations. Nice location in a Brentwood residential area, convenient to the Getty Center, freeway and half-hour from the ocean. Coffee and bagels/fruit/yogurt/pastry in the morning.

An excellent non-chain hotel experience!

Room Tip: We stayed twice on arrival/departure from a two-week trip. Both rooms were on the ground floor, opposite sides of the parking area. Both were quiet, equally equipped and comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lulu21678
Reviewed December 27, 2012

All of the reviews here are dead on-- I used them to choose this location a few weeks ago for a one night stay near the VA Hospital with my boyfriend. The owner was extremely generous and kind, the property is like staying at a friend's Brentwood guesthome, not a hotel. It is class and comfort without the high end hassle of the mega hotels surrounding it.My favorite thing other than the amazing ceilings/decor was their fan system-- it was very cold the night I was there, and the building can be a little drafty since it's more like a cottage than a concrete block. It kept me warm and toasty, and had a lot of options for where it blew the heated air so my face wasn't all dried out. My only issue is with the bathrooms. No tub, outdated, they are cramped, and this time of year extremely cold with those tile floors. Not set for romance or comfort there, but otherwise the rooms are beautiful and practical. I WILL be back.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back fo the property to avoid any sound from nearby traffic. This is not located on what you might think of as a "main LA street" because it's tucked back into a neighborhood, but locals swing through that area frequently to avoid traffic and it's a busy intersection.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple