All reviewssanta monicasunset boulevardafternoon cookiesyogurtfree parkingbeverly hillsqueen roomtea and coffeea great place to stayevery morningnice breakfastsmall hotelclose proximityrooms are cleandesk stafflocation was perfectboutique hotel
Reviewed December 27, 2012

All of the reviews here are dead on-- I used them to choose this location a few weeks ago for a one night stay near the VA Hospital with my boyfriend. The owner was extremely generous and kind, the property is like staying at a friend's Brentwood guesthome, not a hotel. It is class and comfort without the high end hassle of the mega hotels surrounding it.My favorite thing other than the amazing ceilings/decor was their fan system-- it was very cold the night I was there, and the building can be a little drafty since it's more like a cottage than a concrete block. It kept me warm and toasty, and had a lot of options for where it blew the heated air so my face wasn't all dried out. My only issue is with the bathrooms. No tub, outdated, they are cramped, and this time of year extremely cold with those tile floors. Not set for romance or comfort there, but otherwise the rooms are beautiful and practical. I WILL be back.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back fo the property to avoid any sound from nearby traffic. This is not located on what you might think of as a "main LA street" because it's tucked back into a neighborhood, but locals swing through that area frequently to avoid traffic and it's a busy intersection.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gl0beTr0tter123456
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Everyone here is very friendly and we always felt welcome! The managers definitely show great pride in caring for the inn and its guests.

The room size was within our expectation though the bathroom really is kinda small. But that's ok I'm not in LA for luxurious bathrooms! The room is tastefully appointed and the TV I must say is big.

Brentwood is a nice quiet neighborhood and was great for us as we visited Malibu, Santa Monica and Beverly Hills. If your itinerary involves lots of Hollywood and Downtown then this may be a tad far away.

My husband and I had a lovely 6N stay here and we would definitely return the next time we visit LA.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Kyklades19
Reviewed December 25, 2012

You don't need a car, you can walk to good restaurants, local shops and Farmer's markets and there is a good bus service to Santa Monica and other places you might want to visit. Hmm.. not what one usually thinks of when you contemplate LA but this place is great if you have a few days and don't want to hire a car. We mainly did buses with the odd taxi and enjoyed the local area very much. Close to the Getty (but we taxi'd for ease but there is a bus too). The staff were great, the beds comfortable, the shower OK if but a little small as noted by others but fine. And who would have thought the quietest nights sleep on the trip... Eat at the local italian (Pizzicotto), and the Getty and you will be well fed. Thanks for a great stay to the team at Brentwood Inn.

Room Tip: There are some rooms in a little central block and it was particularly quiet as not on the road.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kmaway
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I had passed by this hotel countless times on previous trips to Los Angeles, but never stayed. On this trip, I booked the last two nights here before flying home. We understood that it's a small place that had been renovated and it sits on Sunset Boulevard, which is rather busy. All that being said, we were pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoyed the place. The front desk staff was incredibly accommodating and Naz was absolutely fantastic. She was so eager to make my stay more enjoyable, whether it was driving directions or dinner recommendations. She really made the stay top notch.
The hotel was nicely appointed and although the room was small, it had just what we needed. My only complaint was that the bed was rather hard. Other than that, I loved everything else. Our room was on the end of the property, closest to the street. When we closed the door and windows, we could barely hear the traffic passing outside.
When we checked out, Evan at the front desk was more than happy to print out the boarding passes for us, something we really appreciated. Overall, we loved this hotel and we will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrBroots
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Arrived later afternoon after 14 hours flight. We met a very helpful receptionist who recommend us a local italian food.

A bit disappointed because there is no slippers and toothpaste and tooth brush in the room. We need to walk to cvs to buy.

1  Thank Sunbigo