“Recommended Bargain Lodging In Culver City”

Super 8 Los Angeles-Culver City Area
Ranked #31 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed October 4, 2011

When I went for an overnight business trip in Venice Beach, California, I knew I’d have little time in my room so why spend $150 to over $200 a night, I asked myself.

I found the Super 8 hotel in Culver City online and it had good reviews. I decided to give it a try, and I’ve very glad I did. This particular location in Culver City is on a busy corner and not a tourist area, but the owners have gone to great lengths to make this a very comfortable stay at a great price.

We had a king suite and it was spacious and comfortable. The paint looked new and was tasteful, there was crown moulding on the ceiling, the furniture was comfortable and in good condition, the bedding was crisp and clean and comfortable. I was amazed that the bathroom amenities even included a shaving razor and packet of shaving cream, toothbrush and toothpaste.

I didn’t get to try it but there was an interesting BBQ restaurant directly across the street. Looked like my kind of place. Maybe next time...

The pool was adequate for a refreshing dip.

Breakfast was cold cereal, toast and bagels, some fruit, packaged pastries, coffee and juice.

Despite the traffic outside our room was quiet and we enjoyed our stay.

What else is there to say? If you want a budget room in the Culver City/Venice Beach area, you should give the Super 8 serious consideration. It is obvious that the owners are going all the way to make this a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank panoramarick
MireyaTorres, Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles-Culver City Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear panoramarick,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Los Angeles-Culver City area for your room accommodations. We appreciate your kind review. Our goal is to make our guests feel as satisfied as possible by offering a clean room and a comfortable bed. I am glad to hear that we achieved this while you stayed with us.

When traveling in the area again, I hope you can make the Super 8 in Los Angeles-Culver City your hotel to stay again.
Mireya Torres

PS. During your next trip to the area, you must try the BBQ restaurant across the street from us as I'm sure you will enjoy their food!

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed there for 2 nights. Were surprised with this motel! It was really good! The rooms were clean, there were everything you need. The area was safe- and it is very close to the Venice beach (5 minutes by car). And they have free HBO and a small pool. Only the complimentary breakfast was poor...but for this price (80$)- it is great! I recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Irina K
MireyaTorres, Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles-Culver City Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Irina K.,
Thank you for choosing Super 8 in Los Angeles-Culver City for your room accommodations and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us.

You may be interested to learn that we have, since your last stay, improved our Super Start breakfast. We have made a few additions which include yogurt and fresh fruit. We will be happy to welcome you again during your next visit to the Los Angeles Area.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

The motel, which is located in a semi-industrial part of LA, is relatively quiet in spite of the heavy traffic on Washington Blvd. It is also ideally located by car in relation to the beaches and waterfronts of the South Bay (Manhattan, Hermosa, Redondo, etc.) as well as those of Venice and Santa Monica. The combination of a microwave and refrigerator in every room is a nice touch. The room service, while not always prompt, was generally thorough. All in all, it provides good value for the price, which is much lower than that of comparable quality lodgings in the same general area. Parking is free and plentiful too.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor suite in the back corner gets ample sun and is free of passerby traffic.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Paul W

Dear Paul W.,

As you have already mentioned in your review, we are centrally located in the middle of many famous attractions in Los Angeles. This is a great feature for guests who would like go to Hollywood and/or Beverly Hills or for those who would like to stay more locally and explore Venice and/or Santa Monica Beaches.

We hope that you had a great time traveling the Los Angeles area and hope that we can serve you again in the near future!

Reviewed September 5, 2011

We booked this hotel to stay at for 6 nights. We left after the first night after finding black curly hairs (possibly pubic?) inbedded in the bath towels. This is inexcusible, and my boyfriend and I promptly left the next day as it was too late to go somewhere else. The other people staying in the rooms near ours were shady to the say the least. One looked to be doing a deal. At least we did not have a problem getting a refund. Not a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Moose707
MireyaTorres, Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles-Culver City Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Dear Moose707,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Super 8 in Los Angeles-Culver City Area.
I am very proud to say that we frequently receive many compliments regarding our impeccable housekeeping and I am very disappointed to receive news of your negative experience while you stayed with us last year.
Our goal is to always provide our guests a clean and comfortable room and I'm sorry we did not succeed this particular time.
I wish we had been informed of any condition in your room that was less than satisfactory so we could have corrected it immediately.
Thank you again for your review and hope that we can be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

I was not familiar with the Super 8 brand before staying here. I figured two notches above Motel 6. I was wrong.

I needed a place to stay for a week while in Los Angeles. On my last visit to LA I stayed at Travelodge and the experience was so-so.

Super 8 far surpassed my expectations. It is tucked away on busy Washington Blvd yet very very quiet. I really liked the fact that parking was ample even on a Friday night [not so at Travelodge].

I was in room 129, in the back on the 2nd level [no elevator so pack lite].

The location in West LA/Culver City is perfect: not far from the airport and near Fox Hills Mall which has plenty of shops and restaurants [Lucille's BBQ was delicious!!].

The room was perfect as mentioned by other reviewers. It was very clean, spacious and comfortable. There were two beds, a living room area with couch, chair, table and flat panel television. Also included is a breakfast/dinner nook area with fridge, microwave, table and chairs, perfect for morning coffee and breakfast or dinner.

I also really appreciated the window in the bathroom, a small pleasure but nonetheless a pleasure. I also liked the large dressing room, big enough for an ironing board.

Also there were plenty of electrical outlets for all your electrical devices. This was TERRIFIC as I had to plug in camera batteries, phones, mp3 players and a tablet.

Of note; however, were the small beds. I am 5'10 and my feet came right to the edge of the bed. Anyone taller than that will have to sleep at an angle, no joke.

The couch and chairs are also on a smaller scale. Fine for me but anyone larger might not be as comfortable.

I did not try the pool, but it looked very inviting. I also did not try the limited breakfast. For breakfast try Norms on Pico Blvd or better yet, Pepe's Galley tucked away in the AMF Mar Vista Blowing Lanes on Venice Blvd. Breakfast was traditional but filling.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank ZIALANDER
MireyaTorres, Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles-Culver City Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2011

Dear Zialander,

Thank you for writing such a thoughtful review about your stay with us last September. I really appreciate you taking the time to write about your positve experience at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you are reccommending us to any future guests through TripAdvisor.

Thank you again for such an extensive review and we hope that we can serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

My friends and i recently stayed here and i must say it was a excellent place to stay! Everything was clean and tidy, beds very comfortable, bathroom clean and motel facilities ticked all the boxes indeed.
The superstart breakfast was awesome and after that a had a leisurely swim in the sparkling clean pool, staff are very friendly here and i can fully recommend this motel as a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Trent C,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your stay with us during your trip to Los Angeles last September. I am glad you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us while you visited the surrounding major attractions in the Los Angeles Area.

Thank you again for your review and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness, cleanlinness, super sheets, beds, and pillows in the room. It was so large that it had a couch, chair, table and two chairs. Also a microwave, small refrigerator, and large dressing room. And it was very reasonable. Good location, near everything. Would highly recommend staying here. Complimentary breakfast was adequate, cold cereal, toast, muffins, juice, coffee, tea, etc. The only suggestion I would make is that they provide fluffier towels. I did ask for more and they gave more to me, The second set was fluffier.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
MireyaTorres, Manager at Super 8 Los Angeles-Culver City Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Dear racingdiva,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

We appreciate your business and hope that you stay with us again during your next visit to Los Angeles/Culver City area.

Thanks again!!