“Served it's purpose”

Bevonshire Lodge Motel
Ranked #246 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I was initially frightened by some of the reviewes, especially the one talking about bugs and mold. Unless I missed something though, I didn't see any of that (I kind of wonder what was on the window but otherwise it was fine as far as I could tell). The room was clean.
The location was very good too! I was able to walk to Beverly Hills (where I needed to be). CBS is close by too which was very convient when I went to go see Craig Fergeson. I only needed this one night, but for the price and all things considered, it was okay.

My only complaints:
-The shower lost some of its heat. It wasn't cold, but I noticed it non the less
-It isn't the most inviting looking place. It was safe though.
-Whatever it was on the window. If that was mold, I'd be scared, but I don't know that it was and I don't think it was even on my side of the window

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Me W

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Location is great, down the street from Beverly Center and Beverly Connections (shopping). Carpets were dirty, I don't usually ever walk barefoot in hotel rooms. Tub, sink, and toilet was clean-ish. Minifrige was smelly. But it was very comfortable to sleep, room cooled down nicely. Wi-Fi. Pool is torn apart. Only stayed one night.

Room Tip: Might get a cheaper rate of you call, double rooms have more space, even if all you need is a single...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BrookeBoyd
Reviewed February 1, 2010

My friend and I stayed here several years ago to go to a wedding. I was hoping for a funky and fun place that is close to shops and cafes. The location turned out to be great, but wow the room we stayed in was very very dumpy. I was truly disappointed and embarrassed that I booked such an awful room for us to stay for the weekend. The floors were dirty, the bathroom was dirty, everything smelled musty. It looked run-down and what I hated most was seeing built-in grime on the edges of the floors and walls. The bathroom door was grimy. Not a cozy place to stay; I think we avoided going back to the room until we had to.

Ever since staying there, I've been extra careful about researching a hotel before booking. I would recommend if you are staying at this location (Fairfax/Beverly) go for the Farmer's Daughter.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank twilight26
Reviewed February 17, 2009

No Joke...Bugs fell on my face in the middle of the night. This place is disgusting. If you don't mind camping inside a hotel, this place is for you. There was black mold in the bathroom and around the windows. The room was cold and there was a cigarette hole in the sheet. I did not walk barefoot in this room. It was in a good location but that was the only positive. The heater worked well but there was about 3 minutes worth of hot water. The water got cold almost immediately. If you want you can try...But the place smells like stale hot curry and garlic....It's just gross and the staff couldn't care less...Even though they did shoot us a smile. Germaphobes...AVOID AT ALL COST...Unless you reallllly like to rough it.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
4  Thank misledandliberated
Reviewed June 26, 2008

The location was AWESOME , walking distance to LA's famous Grove and Farmers Market , along with other awesome places to eat. The neighborhood is nice and quiet.
Im a makeup artist and was doing work all week in a studio very close to there and it was convient for me to get to work and back with no traffic etc.
Here are the pros and cons

The Cons first
The Wifi was avaiable only by code and password that they provide you and if you are online and someone else is using the same online code it will say that is busy?

The pool never gets sun ( BUT IS VERY CLEAN)

The parking is limited ( 20 units in the building with only 8 parking spots ) and the neighborhood is PERMIT parking only .
( however I never had a problem with parking my car but did once when I came back late ( around 2pm the lot was full ) which led me to drive around a million times and I had to park in a lot next door and had to quickly move it by 6am before I got towed.

The bathrooms are very very very very very dirty ( the walls have dirty hand prints and the floors are dusty. I cleaned the toliet myself to guarentee a clean seat for me.

The room REEEEAKED of smoke They have non smoking and smoking rooms and you can smell the smoke straight through the walls even if your room isnt smoking ( this wasnt pleasent at all )

THE CONS

The average hotel for this location is $250 a night I only paid $65 a night!!!

They hotel owner was VERY VERY VERY NICE

The coffee was always brewed in the morning and he had fresh pastrys that was tasty .

The A/C worked great , the beds were cozy ( BRING YOUR OWN PILLOWS the pillows they have are flat as a pancake)

The hotel was equipped with several camera and it seemed very safe.

There are mircowaves and Refridgerators.

The do clean your rooms for you and make your beds etc when you leave for the day and come back everything looks great.

The showers are clean but as I mentioned before the floors in the bathroom was dirty and the walls were gross looking .

Overall would I stay here again YES
Would I reccommend this place to my grandparents NO WAY
Would I reccommend to my friends or college friends SURE it is a good conversational piece.
As mentioned before the location makes up for it.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 30, 2008

Have you ever gone without a shower in a motel because you feared coming out of it dirtier than you went in?

The towels were probably white sometime back in the 80's (which may have been the last time they were washed). The stray hairs (of the short and curly variety) that littered the bathroom floor did nothing to help the ambiance.

They dumped us (a family with a small kid) in a smoking room. It took days to get that smell out. Not fun.

This, FWIW, was the start of a camping trip. The campsites we stayed at were cleaner, and the chemical toilets were fresher than this place's.

On the plus side, the location is great!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank emaky
Reviewed February 9, 2008

Not bad for the price (approx. $75 per night), compared to prices for other L.A. hotels in this area. Very close to Farmers Market and CBS studios. Not too far away from Kodak Theatre (3 miles) and other city landmarks. Nice neighborhood, large clean rooms with satellite TV, fridge and microwave. Parking area very small, swimming pool very small and not heated. Bathrooms are small and could use a facelift. Wireless Internet is $5 per night but does not work good due to poor signal strength. We took our laptop to a nice little coffee shop one block west on Beverly Blvd. to get good internet signal. (I think it was called Buzz Coffee).
Not a bad place to stay for 1 or 2 nights if you are on a tight budget and don't plan on being at the hotel all day.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank gu4