Bevonshire Lodge Motel
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$309
$286
  • Restaurant
$289
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$152
Westin.com
$181
$99
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$210
$360
$339
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 12, 2007

We stayed in the bevonshire motel twice in the same trip. There are no cheap motels in LA, only in very bad parts of the city.
Yes, the room was not very clean but it was big, the owner was very nice to us and considerated our needs.
We too got a wake up call a bit early asking us to move the car, but it was only once in total of 4 nights.
I wouldn't go there with children or if I could afford something more expensive, but for my budget it was the best deal you can get in centeral LA.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2007

I travelled alone - my first time in the States
.Bevonshire Motel itself was a little better than I expected for the money, it was clean and pleasant enough for a short stay.
I had read reviews on the web of a' surly owner', so on arriving late due to flight, I was pleasantly suprised to be greeted by a charming younger man who was polite and helpful.
The next day I booked cabs from there for a destination a few blocks away giving him venue number and street..- presuming it would be a good cab service.
The Russian Driver hardly spoke English and dindn't know the way ...expected me to navigate.. in spite of it being my first visit to the States. and overcharged me for the priviledge.
Before going out I needed to operate the automatic drinks machine and Surly Man appeared and was rude and unpleasant, in spite of me remembering my ''pleases and thank yous.''
The next day I had asked' Pleasant Man' to order a cab for 6.00a.m. for flight home the next morning..
In the morning Reception was empty - no cab - and I had to hand in my key.
I was told previously that it was 24 hr service..no worries.
. Eventually Surley Man arrived - in dressing gown, muttering under his breath - snatched my key and slammed door in my face before I could ask about the cab.
I sat outside in the dark , on my own ,for half an hour until a kindly Yellow Cab pulled over and took me to the airport.
I'm not suggesting you dont go - but if you encounter this owner remember you have paid for your trip and expect the respect you show him to be returned.I did not find this nasty attitude remotely funny, it was disturbing, bullying is not amusing, under any circumstance.
I would not recommend this Motel for single women.
Sad really as the Motel is great value and the rest of the staff are lovely.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank Quenyth
Reviewed July 29, 2007

- Super cheap for a major city
- Free off-street parking
- Large rooms with fridge and microwave
- Free coffee and muffins in the lobby in the morning
- Excellent location walking distance to Farmer's Market

You really can't beat the price for such a great location - the Farmer's Market is my favorite place to visit while I'm in LA. We also walked to Canter's Deli the evening we stayed there - loved that.

I wasn't expecting a five-star experience so was not disappointed. I disagree with the other person who posted that said the manager was ill-humored. He was quite pleasant to us - not overtly bubbly but certainly polite and when we asked what the checkout time was he said, "noon or one if you would rather" - very welcomed because it made it easy for us to take our time having a lovely breakfast at Farmer's Market on the day we left without having to move our car. I would stay at Bevonshire again.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank sea-lon-sf
Reviewed June 29, 2007

I was in LA on some business and my client booked me a room at this hotel. Arrived late at night. The tiny run-down, nasty lobby, with the bullet-proof glass enclosed front desk, is enough to scare you away. Especially arriving at night. I started to leave, but I was tired and it was too late to find another place. Fortunately, things got better.

The manager was an ill-humored Pakistanian/Indian, but that didn't bother me. Actually, I thought it was kinda funny. (I referred to him as the "Motel Nazi," ala Seinfeld's "Soup Nazi")

The 2nd floor room with king-size bed was large and old, but fairly clean. Doors were keyed with modern creditcard type "slide" keys.

As noted in other reviews, there was a working fridge and microwave. The walls in the bath had places of rough, unfinished drywall repairs on the walls, the wall/floor trim looked like it was done by a 5-year-old, but the bath was clean and had great water pressure. Towels were small, thin and treadbare -- literally had large holes in them. And, according to the Motel Nazi, you could get only two each day. I would recommend taking a couple of your own towels.

There was no coffee-maker in room, but coffee in lobby downstairs in morning. Also, when I was there, the manager put out honeybuns and little breakfast cakes.

A/C worked fine but noisy as heck.

Pool is in center of the motel, but there is a wrought-iron fence that abuts and runs around the edge of the pool -- no room for chairs or loungers. In other words, there is only room for you to be IN the pool. I went to get in the pool, but the water was too cold for my liking. Sat on edge and drank a glass of wine.

Best thing about the place is its location. Right across from The Grove and walking distance to some cool shops and cafes on Beverly.

Despite first impressions, I felt perfectly safe there.

Bottom line: For the price (about $70), it's a fair value.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank havanadaydreamer
Reviewed May 4, 2007

Went to LA to see the Price Is Right. We didn't expect much from the room because it was inexpensive compared to others in the area. It smelled like cleaner which is a good thing but I think family members must clean the rooms. The sheets were clean but the blanket on the bed left little to the imagination. Large rooms and the proximity to The Grove shopping and Farmers Market was great...about 10 minutes in a relatively safe neighbourhood. (I wouldn't walk it alone though). I would stay there again as I said the price was right and we had brought blankets with us to camp out on the street for the last night. At the gate 2pm Sunday for the 1:15pm taping Monday. Worth every minute of the wait to see Bob Barker and be in the audience. If you are going, bring an alarm clock and hair dryer if you need those items, although was happy to see a large bar fridge and microwave in the room. We didn't use the pool but as you can see by the photos you couldn't really hang out around it so don't book this hotel if you want to lounge at the pool, looked clean and inviting, if the weather was hot enough.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends