“Good if you are staying at the resort”

Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 9,898 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Sunset Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA
“Good if you are staying at the resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I wouldn't make a special trip to dine there unless I was staying there or meeting friends staying there.

Visited March 2014
Denise F, General Manager at Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear TravelingTraveler333,

Thank you for reviewing your recent dining experience with us. While I was concerned to hear your feedback, I do appreciate your comment as it is only in this way that we are able to improve upon our operation. Please know that our restaurant manager Marcus Cascio will be in touch with you shortly to learn more about your recent experience.

Until then, thank you again, and I remain hopeful that we will have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Bakersfield, California, United States
“Let down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Been here a few times and very let down this time. Ordered the lame rare. Came out med well if that and the waiter said no that's med rare. Not good experience void my past great reviews.

Denise F, General Manager at Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Tommy L,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your recent experience at Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air. We value and appreciate your feedback, and apologize that last night's dinner did not live up to high standards that we set for ourselves in the restaurant. There is nothing more important that consistency and quality, and it is most concerning to know that we fell short on both of these counts.

Please be aware that this feedback was shared with our restaurant general manager, Marcus Cascio, who will be contacting you shortly to discuss a possible resolution.

Again, I do apologize and truly hope you will return so we can provide you with a superior dining experience that is more reflective of what you previously enjoyed during your multiple visits in the past.

Turin, Italy
“My best tuna tartare ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

On my recent trip to LA, I was invited by local friend to a dinner at Bel Air Hotel. In general I do not expect much from hotel restaurants, but my mind changed when I saw the name of Wolfgang Puck on it. I still remember with great pleasure my first visit to Spago about 25 years ago, and I have excellent memories of my many further visits there and to Chinois on Main. I was not disappointed: ambiance, service, wine selection, and food were all excellent: in particular, I had what was probably the best tuna tartare of my life. After that, the duck breast was not at the same heavenly level, although very good.

• Visited February 2014
Denise F, General Manager at Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear saraswati_2,

Thank you for choosing to dine in Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air. We realize there are many other wonderful dining option to choose from in LA and it's great to know that your visit exceeded the expectations you have of hotel restaurants. Our partnership with Wolfgang Puck is one of the hotel's unique features and we are fortunate to be associated with such a world-renowned master chef. The Tuna Tartare certainly is one of my personal favorites as well - great choice!
We hope you will return again soon.

Warm regards,
Palo Alto, California
“Dining with a friend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Good food. Ok service. Started with Sashimi Quality Big Eye Tuna Tartare Japanese Cucumber,
Young Shiso and Maryland Crab Cakes Basil Pesto AÏoli, Micro Basil. Main courses were
Sonoma Lamb Chops Harissa Aïoli and
Organic Jidori Chicken Nantes Carrots, Parsnips, Yukon Potato Purée Herb Savory. As a side we had Wild Field Mushrooms, Herb Savory.

• Visited February 2014
Denise F, General Manager at Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear TeoH936,

Thank you for your recent visit at Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed dinner at the restaurant and had the chance to try the Big Eye Tuna Tartare. It is certainly one of my favorite starters!

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Bell, California
“Amazing Experience, One in a life time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I had a wonderful dinner at Hotel bel Air on Valentines day. I shopped around town and it was pretty much in line with what I imagined the high end restaurants would be at $155. It was nice to see them become a bit more accessible as I had heard they were pretty expensive before and it made me hesitant to visit. My girl deserved a big dinner and she go it this night.
It started out with refreshing oyster shooters with dashi I think? And some kind of ginger shallot component. Either way it was amazing and a nice start to the meal.
Then we received the menu which had a nice selection of offerings. I went with the Hamachi with citrus and my girl received the mushroom tortelloni. I let her splurge and she opted for the supplemental black truffles which really took it over the top. My hamachi was amazing although I thought the portion size was a little small. Great none the less. I have been to many sushi restaurants and I guess it was in line with what you get as sashimi.
For main course I loved the beef duo. Melt in your mouth and great smokiness from the bone marrow. My better half opted for again the step up Loup De Mer with again an amazing note of a smoked potato puree which tasted like it was potatoes cooked in bacon. OMG. Some wonderful razor clams which nobody uses anymore as it was explained to me by one of the managers. James was his name I think although I heard Moon on the way out.
For dessert we had to get the soufflé for two. It was practically begging us to get it. I was tempted to get something else but was very thankful to see the beautiful small bites sweets afterward with the bill. The setting is incredibly romantic and it gave me ideas of maybe getting a room one day. 1 room as its pretty pricey but looks to be worth it. Afterward you can visit the swan lake area for some primo pics with your lovely. The staff is very welcoming. Our servers name was obren I think and there was nice girl at the front who helped take our picture at swan lake who's name I can't remember. Sorry. Overall it was an amazing experience and hope to come back soon.

Dear Andrew M,

It is so wonderful to hear that you had a great experience dining at Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air, especially on such a special evening as Valentine's Day. We know there are a variety of wonderful dining options to choose from in the LA area, and we thank you for choosing to celebrate this very special occasion with us. I am delighted to hear that you not only enjoyed the food, but also the service provided by our wonderful team at the restaurant. Please know that I will share your feedback with the entire team in the restaurant, as they will be so pleased to know that your dining experience was everything you hoped it would be.

I am thrilled to hear that you would consider staying with us overnight. There are a variety of special packages offered at the hotel, and you can find all the information you need on our website.

Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to welcome you back, for a meal, stay or otherwise, very soon.