“Good option in hotel lobby”
Review of Paparazzi - CLOSED

Paparazzi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: LAX Area
Cross street: Avion
Camarillo, California
“Good option in hotel lobby”
Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

Pretty good food for a hotel restaurant. This restaurant is located in the Sheraton by LAX. The decor is hipster 60s. The food is pretty good and above average priced. There is a nice bar where the bartenders will mix you up cocktails. Better than the lounge outside, which is louder and feels less intimate. Burrata with heirloom tomatoes was fantastic.

Los Angeles, California
“Surprisingly great vibe for an airport hotel restaurant.”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Compared to a year ago, the food's improved greatly, as the GM promised us it would. However, I was disappointed with my pasta ragu last night. The name conjures up an image of a hearty, long-simmering red sauce. What I got was dried chicken breast strips in a white cream sauce! Huh? How did that happen? The breaded pork chop that my friend had, however, was off the HOOK! Delicious, topped with an exceedingly fresh arugula-tomato salad. This is a winner dish at $22.

Wines are reasonably priced by the glass, and corkage is reasonable ($15, but was once waived when we also ordered a bottle off the menu). A $10 glass of Argentinean Malbec did not disappoint. ...

Other commenters have mentioned the cool vibe. I think it's great. Hip, fashionable, without being overly trendy (in that bottle-service way). The room is filled with blown-up paparazzi photography, which if you think about it, makes the room very much about place. It's very LA. Booths and tables are exceedingly comfortable, and placed a discreet distance from each other. The room crackles with lively conversation and happenings, but without feeling at all crowded.

I often stay at the Sheraton Gateway on getaway days from LAX, so I'll be back, but I'm going to steer clear of that "white ragu."

Oh, and note to staff: please don't vacuum around us while we're still dining! Hit the rest of the room first, rather than getting every last crumb at the tables adjacent to us!

• Visited March 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great menu, service and food”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I don't normally go to hotel restaurants. I landed at LAX one hour before a schedule business dinner and we ate at Paparazzi for convenience.

I would certainly go back to Paparazzi when I am back at LA even if I am not staying at the LAX Sheraton.

A winner!

Visited February 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Good Quality Italian Southern Cooking at LAX”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Love the atmosphere here. Chandeliers with red shades, red walls, white walls, nicely laid out tables with crisp white tablecloths. Great framed shots of celebrities on the walls. Jazzy type background music. Great lounge area with comfortable sofas and big red chairs and huge coffee tables.

I have dined here many times, and i can honestly say, the food is good. I return everytime i come back to the Sheraton Gateway, which is where the restaurant can be found. The service here definitely makes the difference. Orazio, the waiter is simply the best. Very attentive to his clients, and makes you feel welcomed. Mario, is also very caring, and Kerri, the female waitress always has a smile on her face, how nice is that.

Orazio Parasi, the Italian Chef prepares everything fresh. They serve good warm bread with an excellent sauce. His Burretta Cheese is simply delicious. The pasta with Italian sausage is a favorite, the lasagne with short ribs is also good, along with the Tuna Tartar. Limoncello gelato is just perfect. They also have a Happy Hour where they serve their delicious appetizers for half price at the bar or in the lounge area.

I do know it's also possible to valet for 6$, and i think it's valid for 3hrs if one is not a hotel guest. The restaurant is run by Roman, and i have to say, he does an excellent job. I know of no other LAX restaurant with a vibe like this one.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Anuata
Washington, DC
“A nice place to eat near LAX”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I had the lasagna with braised beef and it was really good. Everything on the list looked so good. I found it hard to make a decision. For dessert, my mother had the lavender creme brulee. It was tasty.

The service was pretty good. The restaurant is spacious.

Here is a tip. If you don't want to walk to the restaurant, check to see if your hotel shuttle stops by the Sheraton Gateway. You can walk back to your hotel to work off the calories. No hotel is far from this Sheraton.

Visited January 2012