“A meal I won't forget for a long time.”
Review of Baco Mercat

Baco Mercat
Ranked #60 of 10,202 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Dinned alone so at the advice of the bartender got a Baco and a veg side. I picked the Pesco Baco which was a delicious shrimp and caggage sandwich on a flat bread. With all the vegtable choices I just let the bartender recommend one and she hit the nail on the head. My side was a slightly warm brussel sprout salad that was out of this world. I can't wait to try to make it at home. The service was great, I didn't have to say much, they expertly guided me thru the menu and which provided a great meal and wonderful drinks.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My choice of order did not turn out be good, for the price the portion was to small, they charge extra for the bread on top to that they over charged me on my order on what it says the price in the menu. I was not impress with thier signature drinks its too expensive for a small glass. the waiter was nice, but went there for food not service. so i'm not coming back.

1  Thank ann c
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Baco Mercat is just an incredible restaurant. While the appearance may be deceiving this small restaurant is nothing short of spectacular when it comes to their food preparation. Everything is incredibly fresh. I agree with other reviewers that the "original" Baco is a must have. This sandwich may be one of the best sandwiches I have ever had. Prices are also very reasonable. No table clothes, and a very reasonably prices approachable wine list. Bon Apetite magazine recently featured this restaurant as one of LA's best, and they are not wrong. If you're in Los Angeles this gem is not to be missed.

1  Thank gumdoc45
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Baco Mercat combines flavors and very fresh ingredients to create wonderful, delicious and inventive dishes. Definitely try the Original Baco - it's wonderful. We ordered mostly small dishes of starters and vegetables and shared between the four of us. The fig and squash dish was incredible. Great downtown location, fun and slightly hipster atmosphere, great experience overall.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My friends and I dined at Baco Mercat and were wonderfully surprised with the quality of food. We split the dishes so we were able to try many of the dishes such the "Original" Baco sandwich which was very filling with pork and very tender pieces of beef. We also had the spaghetti squash with creamed corn which was delicious, the Con flat bread ( similar to a flat pizza) which was also very tasty as well as the iceberg lettuce salad, eggplant salad and sauteed peaches. The chef was formerly working at "The Lazy Ox" and has opened his own restaurant and proven that he's a very talented chef!