“Yum and great GF and allegen information.”
Review of Lemonade

Lemonade
Ranked #22 of 9,953 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Venice
Maine
“Yum and great GF and allegen information.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The allergens are provided with a chart - although the symbols on each dish could be larger and at a better height. The food is delicious - the restaurant evolved from a catering business. The lemonade is absolutely delicious. The pineapple Coriander is just different enough (and would be fab with rum!). A lot of the food is prepared without gluten although I can't speak to the possible cross contamination. It would be nice if a GF dessert item was offered, the ingredients on dessert are not marked.
Don't go crazy on salds first - there's more on offer in the line and it is all good.

Visited March 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton
“Great food. Great people.”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This place was fantastic the first time I was there. The employees were exceptional. They let you try all the salads, sides, and braises. It all tasted too good. OH I highly recommend the blood orange lemonade. That is by far my favorite. The only downside is that the taste of the food was not consistent. I went back a second time and the Mac and Cheese didn't taste the same.

Otherwise good food. Great atmosphere. Would go again!

Sherman, Connecticut
“Chic and Oh So Popular”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

If you are eating vegan or vegetarian, this place is wonderful. Chockablock at lunch with elegant full-time mommies and actor wannabes, it's a scene. You choose from dozens of yummy salads and side dishes, putting together your own meaty or meatless platter on a tray. Then you wait some, while too few cashiers are on hand to ring up your purchase, finally allowing you to find a seat on the pretty patio. I loved the beets, tangy kale salad, wonderful snap peas and wheatberry thingy. My friends had a fish serving, red cabbage with feta, wild rice. All deelish.

spokane, washington
“the freshest salads”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was very impressed when visiting my daughter in LA and she took me to Lemonade. I had a variety of salads (the Italian chopped) was my favorite and the miso short ribs. The large selection is overwhelming - must go back many more times.

Los Angeles
“Good food, but disorganized and horrible service (Manhattan Beach)”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've only tried the Manhattan Beach location of this restaurant, though they have others. On the plus side, the food was really good - very tasty. I had truffle mac & cheese which was excellent for this level of restaurant, and I also had the buttermilk chicken sandwich and it was quite good as well.

They'd have a real winner if they could just figure out how to organize the place, but instead, its very disorganized. There's a single line and you pick up your tray at the start of the line, then proceed single file past several stations where the staff waits for your orders - one for salads, one for hot soups, one for sandwiches, etc. Unfortunately the staff was so busy moving around it was unclear who to give the order to at each station, or if I was even at a separate station. Sandwich orders result in a ticket that you give to the cashier when you pay, but the cashier was so confused I'm pretty sure I was undercharged - since I did not receive an itemized receipt, I couldn't even say for sure. Meanwhile, after you pay, your sandwich orders are shouted out at the counter when they're ready, but when they announced my name and I went up to the counter, both of the sandwiches they presented me were not ones I had ordered. At first the guy insisted that they were, then admitted they weren't. It was about 10 more minutes before our correct sandwiches were ready.