“Top flight food haunt”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: LAX Area
Cross street: Sunset Boulevard
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is my second visit to Maison Giraud, both times were special . My wife and I went for a romantic Valentine Day meal and it was outstanding.
Each course was delicious, visually appealing and not overpowering. It is possible to have French cuisine without feeling it is over the top. My selections complimented each other. They built on the flavor of the previous choice.
The server was very good too. He was helpful in his wine choices, knew when to make an appearance and never rushed us , even though the room was busy due to the V day crowd.
I plan to come back another time to sample their menus for breakfast and lunch too. I am rarely in this part of town, do not often think of coming to the Palisades as a food stop. I need to change my viewpoint of this. It is worth the trip if you desire an outstanding meal

There are newer reviews for Maison Giraud

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The croissants are, well, I'm drooling just thinking about them, trying to describe. Hands down, the best croissants outside of France. So delicate, so melt in your mouth buttery goodness. And the taste is exactly what I remember from my visit to Paris. The chocolate croissant should be illegal. Or, they should put a restraining order on me from ordering it anymore. It's just that good. Even if you aren't eating at the restaurant (pretty pricy) you can belly up to the bakery counter and get a few precious croissants to go. Not expensive that way. And you might as well start walking once you start eating one as the calorie burning should commence immediately. Enjoy!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We've been for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our favorite is Sunday breakfast while watching the people coming and going from the Farmers Market. Then we go shop the Market. Oh yeah - and the food is great too!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Dinner tonite was very good. We had a pre paid deal with amuse bouche,appetizers,mains and chocolate soufflé'. Atmosphere, service and food were all very good. Wine was very reasonable. Everything was prepared well. The flavors were all fine. We are likely to return again. While not a destination establishment, it is a worthwhile component of the Pacific Palisades dining scene.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Only stopped for brunch one day, and had the most amazing blueberry Danish that we re-routed our last day in LA to go by again for a late breakfast. With the local farmer's market just outside on the street, sitting outside on a sunny day was a perfect Sunday start. Lots of fresh ingredients and bread and pasteries to die for. Yeah, it's a great place to enjoy a part of the day with friends and family.