“Finally, a reasonably priced, clean hotel!”

Tilt Hotel Universal / Hollywood, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #163 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed January 6, 2009

We went to Universal Studios for an after Christmas mini vacation and after two days of reading reviews on all the local hotels, I came across this Holiday Inn Express and booked them based on the price and all the good reviews. Plus the Sheraton and the Hilton both had bad reviews. It is a great little hotel. Don't let the aged outside of the building fool you. The parking was FREE, the price was nice, the staff was nice, except for the lady who makes the breakfast, but the rooms were clean, everything in the room seemed like it was new, even the restroom. We requested extra towels and shampoo and they responded immediately. The night crew was great. It exceeded my expectations. I'll definitely stay here again with my kids. It was right up the street from Hollywood Blvd too.

• Stayed: December 2008

Reviewed December 11, 2008

I must say that this hotel exceeded any expectations that I had before I left. The hotel was close to Universal Studios, so close in fact that you could walk if you don't mind a little stroll down the street. I was able to get it for $139 for a Saturday night which is more than half the price of the 2 hotels closer to the park. My cab rides were $5 each way with 4 adults in the cab.
The gentleman that checked us in was quite pleasant and accomodating with whatever request we had. The room was on the average side but was clean, clean,clean. I will definately stay here again the next time I take in a show at the Gibson Amphitheatre. Great job to the managment as well as the staff. I travel alot and have to admit that this team has it figured out.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2008

This is a great hotel. It is conveniently located within minutes of Hollywood by car. It is within walking distance to Universal. It is within a 30 minute drive of some great beaches.
The rooms were clean.
The hotel staff was extremely helpful in answering all our questions. We would definetly stay again!!

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed August 22, 2008

We stayed at this Holiday Inn for one night while visiting Hollywood. It was a very pleasant stay. The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful with any questions we had regarding the area and directions. The room was average size and the beds were very comfortable. The linens and towels were very nice and I really liked the shower head. The continental breakfast was very good. The location was very close to Univeral Studios and the City Walk and not to far from Hollywood Boulevard. You could get picked up by tour buses to see various Hollywood sites if wanted. I wish we would have stayed longer at this hotel but we had reservations in orange county at a beach resort. It was an excellent choice for seeing Hollywood.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2008

My teenage daughter and I were in L. A. for 24 hours at the end of a soccer tourny in San Diego. We hit Universal Studios, made the last tram tour, came out exhausted, dirty and with no place to stay at 9:00 pm. We checked our GPS and the first on the list was this place. We called, got the last room, and directions-- practically across the street. ( The satelite had not yet located us/it) The man at the desk was so helpful. We got a clean, fresh room at a great rate for LA. The desk clerk helped us the next morning with directions to tourist spots- Graumans Chinese theatre, where all the tours can be had. We had a memorable stay with much thanks to Holiday Inn Express. My daughter is telling all her friends back home here in Wisconsin how fantstic LA is. I think she's ready to move there!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Michael was very pleasant and professional in checking myself, sister and niece in. It took all of ten minutes to sign in and get the room. But, all of an hour and a half to get settled. But, the end result was FANTASTIC !! The room I booked was a double queen room, however the tv didn't work. The employees tried to get power to the tv, but to no avail. Alejandra tried, two of Michael's buddies tried, but nothing....needless to say, after a long day at Universal Studios, my family and I were not the least bit interested in lugging our bags to another room. But, we did and we were escorted to a Family Suite, which was wonderful because there was a king bed in one room and two queens in the other......but, they couldn't get the door unlocked to the second room...DRAMA, I tell you, but we kept a positive attitude and were very thankful that everyone was trying everything to open that door.....like I said, it took an hour and a half, but the end result outweighed the waiting time. I was very pleased with how everyone tried to assist and went out of their way to get the job done !!!
We had a wonderful night's rest, each enjoying our own bed, and the complimentary breakfast, was on the money !!! A great way to end a great stay and for the road trip home !!!
At check out time, the manager, Efrain was aware of all the trouble we had the night before, he was very apologetic and honored the rate I was quoted for the single room !!! Now, that's the kind of customer service I appreciate and I will definitely stay at this hotel, AGAIN !!!! THANK YOU, HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS CAHUENGA !!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank LIGERTILY
Reviewed July 12, 2008

We stayed one night in Holiday Inn Express Cahuenga pass. The hotel is located 5 minutes by car to the Universal Studios and that's was the reason beacuse we choose it. Room are good, we hade room with wiev on the back side of the hotel: the view was not good but it was very quite. What you get for what you pay is good, even breakfast was good.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
North Hollywood
Colony Inn North Hollywood
Colony Inn North Hollywood
#100 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Tilt Hotel Universal / Hollywood, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Tilt Hotel Universal / Hollywood, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Address: 3241 Cahuenga Blvd W, Los Angeles, CA 90068 (Formerly Clarion Inn)
Location: United States > California > Los Angeles > Central L.A
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#62 Business Hotel in Los Angeles
Price Range: $143 - $265 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Tilt Hotel Universal / Hollywood, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 2.5*
Welcome to the Clarion Inn Los Angeles/Universal City! We are centrally located in the Los Angeles area, a very short distance from the studios and theme parks. For the Hollywood tourist, we are one mile from Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard. You can walk to numerous theaters and event centers. For the sports enthusiast, we are within a few miles of Dodger Stadium and the Staples Center. And, for the shopper, we are close to Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive. Our knowledgeable staff is ready to make your stay perfect. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tilt Hotel Universal / Hollywood, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles - Universal City - Cahuenga Hotel Los Angeles