Motel 6 Los Angeles - Hollywood
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$118
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$311
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$765
$309
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
$271
$212
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsfree coffee in the morningparking attendanthollywood attractionsmin walkvisiting hollywoodlight sleeperclean hotellocation is greatmetro stationblvdonsiteconsuber
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Located only about 50 metres from Hollywood Boulevard, this hotel combines good value with decent amenities.

It is situated about 5-10 minutes walk from Hollywood & Highland Shopping Complex, El Capitan Theatre, Chinese Theatre, Kodak Theatre and many other attractions along Hollywood Boulevard. There are many tour opperators along this stretch as well, which can provide you the opportunity to get out and see more of Los Angeles.

The hotel staff are not exactly the happiest of people but are efficient. The rooms are clean enough, really big and spacious with a large bed. They have an empty bar fridge and good size TV (not flat screen though).

Would recommed this hotel to pretty much everyone. The price is good, so is the location, and it provides a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2010

What more can you ask for? Its perhaps 50 metres away from Hollywood Boulevard!!! Big clean room, good value, helpful staff, safe neighbourhood, quiet, I could talk about this motel in a positive way 4-ever. I highly recommend this place!! I think it would be a good place for families aswell!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We were looking for a safe, clean hotel that we could sleep and shower in. When we travel and do the town, we are never in our room. WIth that said, the Motel 6 delivered! Location is great - we walked all over Hollywood Blvd. We felt safe. Parking was limited but we paid daily first thing in the morning and never had an issue. The front desk staff were pleasant as were the parking attendants. The room was clean but sparse -- met our needs. Beds were fine and the AC worked. Bathroom was very clean. The refrigerator in the room was nice to keep water cold as it was very hot this weekend. TV worked fine but again, not here to sit in the room and watch TV. We wanted to see things in person! I'm using the wireless from the room now, so not an issue either.

I'm not sure what others expect for less than $75 per nite in a hotel in an expensive market. The comments on this site made me a bit nervous but I took the risk anyway. I expected blood splatter on the walls or something. SO NOT THE CASE! If you are looking for a romantic getaway, this is not it. If you are traveling with a teenager who wants to see the town, this is perfect. We budgeted on money so that we could rent a convertible and eat at nice places and didn't spend as much on the hotel. I would definately stay here again given the same scenario.

Don't let the other reviews scare you. You know you are not getting the Ritz Carlton but you are also not spending $300+ per night. You get what you pay for but in this case, I felt I got more than I paid for.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Having read previous reviews, i was not expecting much from this hotel, except the bare bones. What most reviewers wrote was spot on: The location is great!! Advice: When you walk to Hollywood Blvd. turn to your right and keep walking, If you turn to the left, it is just endless stripper shop, tattoo parlors, etc. Perhaps colorful if you've never seen this kind of thing before, but not at all if you're from any big city in Europe or USA.
The rooms were relatively clean, but REALLY spartan. However, they DO provide a mini-fridge, which is a big plus to keep cold drinks in, or milk for the kids' breakfast cereal (no gratis breakfast as in Best Western, etc.).
Beds were comfortable, no excessive noise.
The place is filled with European youth groups on holiday, so check in can be really slow if you hit it at the same time as one of these groups.
With parking ($10/night) this Motel 6 turns out to be about $100/night on Hotels.com, which I feel is a bit pricey for what you get. That was the only drawback for me.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Motel 6 in Hollywood is very short on parking. When we arrived, I was told we needed to pay for parking on the premises. I asked to pay for both days, but the clerk, David P., said I had to pay day by day. When I tried paying the next night, after a long day of sightseeing, I was told there was no more space. The same clerk, David P., told me that the parking is full by 3pm, and I should have paid earlier. When I tried to protest that he had ample time to tell me that the day before, he just cut me off and said, "there's nothing I can do about it." I got the impression it's an on-going line they're told to say even though he could have given me a heads-up the day before.

Doing the math, though, the motel was five stories high with only 46 parking places. I don't think they wanted me (or anyone else) to know that until I was already stuck there.

We ended up having to drag our luggage two blocks the morning of our departure to a private parking garage where we were forced to park the night before.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family