“Central Location”

Motel 6 Los Angeles - Hollywood
Ranked #159 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The hotel itself is in a good central location right on Hollywood Blvd. The rooms are spacious with good facilities, they are cleaned regular and beds are comfy. There is parking but they charge $12 a night. I would say though that this is not the nicest of areas, there was a shooting right outside the Hotel whilst we were there. Also be aware - there was some fairly major internal work going on as it would appear they are refitting the rooms, not to much impact but hall areas looked scruffy.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We went on a weekend trip, the guys in the front desk where very helpful, the room was clean and comfy, the parking is $12 a day, wich i think it should have been included but most of the hotels are like that. A lot of things are walkimg distance, so we didnt have to take the car out as much as we thought. Overall great trip and great stay.

1  Thank Lourdes G
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We had previously read reviews about the customer service and arrived prepared, but we were pleasantly surprised - all staff we encountered seemed nice enough! They allocated us an upper floor refurbed room as requested which was very decent for the price. The bar fridge came in handy, as did the small dining booth. Beds comfy.

Our biggest gripe was with the neighborhood - I would not want to stay here with kids, as a couple I did not feel safe walking down the street to get to Hollywood Boulevard, and had trouble sleeping with people running up and down the halls and sirens going all night (seemed like every 5 minutes).

Reception can book a decent priced airport transfer if you need - the second man we spoke to though suggested we do it online which was slightly cheaper.

If we ever go back to LA we would consider staying in Beverly Hills instead - not far away and felt much safer.

1  Thank alicia-jessie
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The Motel 6 chain is a budget hotel but with the prices of hotels in the Hollywood area in a safe area for the price stay here.Its only a few mins SAFE walk to the" walk of fame" and almost any tourist attraction can be organised at the front desk and picked up from the hotel, we did universal movie world which we organised with a very helpful lady (sorry forgot her name) right in the hotel. The front desk is staffed 24/7. The rooms are clean and have new bathrooms and most remodeled. The rooms are not to sound proof as u can hear people walking down the timber-carpet covered hallway but other than that a good night sleep was had. We walked day and night to surrounding restaurants and pubs and felt safe enough people and police out and about at all times. WIFI in the room which is better than Vegas!

Room Tip: organize a car through the hotel for airport transfers they can save u on a metered taxi
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peterhutcho
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed here for one night a few weeks ago, and was very impressed with the cleanliness, location and price. Granted, as other reviewers have stated, reception staff could crack a smile, and show a more welcoming expression on arrival, but hey, can't complain. The Motel is a 2 minute work from Hollywood Boulevard, what better location could you ask for? A little further, probably 5 minutes in total, is a nice little watering hole called The Pig and Whistle. The room, although basic, was very clean and spacious, and even came equipped with a fridge, which we didn't expect. Nothing like that in budget accommodation of that ilk over here in the UK. The bathroom was clean and tidy, so no complaints from us on any front. Would definitely stay here again, without a doubt, as it suited us for where we wanted to be in L.A and what we wanted to see.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Russell E
Reviewed April 8, 2014

If you ignore the office attedants and the weird locals outside, you'll have a pleasant experience. We picked this motel because it was pet friendly with no huge fee and walking distance from Hollywood Blvd. The parking fee amount (though others disagree) is comparable to parking downtown, and honestly anyone who's ever stayed in a big city knows you usually pay to park at hotels. If you don't like it or it's full, there's a public parking just down the road.

Room was very clean and nice and bright. Although we were on the first floor, we were next to an alley so it was quiet. I'm a light sleeper so the angry stomping child in the room above me woke me up a few times, but my husband slept through it.

They offer free coffee and have vending machines, but no breakfast.

My only one issue was with the front desk attendants. Every time I went to ask a question, get parking pass, etc, it seemed that there were a handful of people waiting for the clerk to get back from his smoke break and a local lady (drunk floozy) would hang around too. She would even interrupt and hang over the counter trying to get attention. It gave this mentality that the customer comes second, only when they feel like dealing with you. I was content with the room but the customer service killed this for me.

2  Thank cchamp1
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was -- without a doubt-- the most awful hotel I've ever stayed at.

First off, the service was a nightmare. The man at the front desk didn't even crack a smile as he checked us in. He simply demanded to see our IDs and read us a canned script about Motel 6's anti-smoking policy. I asked him a few questions about the neighborhood and he didn't even make eye contact with me as he told us that there were brochures we could read if we were interested. He treated us with suspicion, which seemed strange, until I realized....

The clientele was even worse. The room next to us had a raging frat party going until the wee hours and front desk was utterly unhelpful. From the moment we arrived, they had been making some noise, but things quieted down until around 2am...and then it just got louder and louder. I swear, they had subwoofers in there! At least 10 people were in the room partying. I tried calling the front desk multiple times but they ignored my calls. I stuck earplugs in my ears but it was no use -- I could still hear everything. Finally my partner walked down and told them what was going on. They called the room and said to stop or they would kick them out. But that didn't help. They quieted down for about 10 minutes and then resumed with the music and the yelling and the pounding on the walls..

At no point did the front desk offer to switch our rooms or refund us. They didn't even extend our check-out time. I didn't get to sleep until around 6am, which gave me about 3 hours of sleep before I had to get dressed and get ready for check out. The rest of my day was ruined. I was supposed to attend a writing conference but could barely keep my eyes open. Nodded off the entire day.

We've called Motel 6 twice about a refund but they don't seem to care about us at all so I thought I'd write about my experience here. When I think about this hotel, I still get so angry.

A bunch of other things sucked, too: the floors were sticky, the beds were too hard, our "view" was someone else's apartment about 20 feet away. But those are all things you'd expect from a Motel 6. The horrible customer service, for me, was unexpected.

Honestly, we would have been better off sleeping in our car. Under a freeway.

Room Tip: Stay away. Far, far away.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business