“Basic, but had no issues. Would stay again.”

The Dixie Hollywood
Ranked #120 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Your standard budget motel; you get what you pay for. Room was secure, quiet and clean, as was bedding, bathroom, etc. Only negatives were that parking is limited, did fill up on our second night an the wi-fi was a little un-reliable. Had a local breakfast dinner and in the Thai area, so plenty of nice Thai restaurants within walking distance. Underground Metro station with 5 min walk distance too.

• Stayed: September 2010

Reviewed August 25, 2010

This hotel is very adequate and located close to a Metro station and buses. The staff were friendly and most helpful. The room provided everything we needed including microwave and fridge. The breakfast room did get crowded sometimes, but it was easy to take food back to the bedroom, no problem. It was much quieter than I expected and I would definitely stay there again.
The only problems we had were tiny ants in the bathroom and the keycard had to be reset almost every day after the room was cleaned - both very minor details - no big deal.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We booked our room on the hotel website directly for around 73$ a night. This was a 2 queen bed AC room. The room was big and clean. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom though a lil worn out, was clean. There was a mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave in the room. There was a tv in the room (though not flat TV).

The rooms were cleaned and beds made everyday when we were there :) There was a lil traffic noise as our room was close to the main street but we were too tired and didnt have trouble sleeping.

We had free parking for our car and free wireless internet. Also there was free breakfast in the morning in a small room behind the reception. There were hot waffles, juice, coffee, toast and milk n cereal. Breakfast times were super crowded though. The swimming pool was closed for cleaning when we were there.

The hotel is close to attractions like Chinese theatre, Kodak theatre, walk of fame etc. but it isn't walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelbug2d
Reviewed June 19, 2010

My daughter and I booked this motel online trying to save $. After I read the reviews we were scared of what we would get. For the money it was just fine. Good parking, easy access. Everthing we needed for the nights. Nice pool, although we didn't use it. So glad we booked a rental car to get places. Sure, its not a fancy place with a big breakfast but for the $ it was JUST FINE!!!!!!!!!!! We felt very safe.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Booked the motel for a week, check in and out was good, staff were friendly. location was good, room was clean. close to public transport. There is a diner next to the motel which was great for breakfast and a supermarket across the road.Would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2010

everything was great. the rooms are clean. you need a car when you stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2010

I normally don't write reviews and when I read others, I try to keep an open mind. I've stayed here the past few years from time to time. Price was ok, rooms clean but basic. Never saw any bugs. However, my last trip put me off this place for good! I was placed next to room that was undergoing construction and also had very noisy neighbors (adults talking loud every morning). Late Sat night (11PM) they came back to the room drunk and with a group of friends. Extremely noisy. Called down twice to front desk, they didn't bother the first time, then they came and told everyone to be quiet. Didn't help. Another guest on the other side of that room also called the front desk. Noise continued, they were extremely drunk. I serioously thought of calling the cops. Finally around 3AM they started to get unusually quiet. That's when I started to smell something strange coming from the common door between the rooms, marijuana!

As much as I wanted to call the front desk or even the cops, I didn't want any trouble for myself so I put pillows at the bottom of that door, covered my face and tried to sleep. Finally went to sleep around 4:30AM, I was supposed to be up at 6AM! Around 8AM, a friend of the noisy neighbors came to their room and started banging on their door and calling them, when they didn't answer, he went to housekeeping who then decided it may be the wrong room and opened mine instead! No knock on my door, just someone opening it with a key without my consent! Luckily I had the deadbolt on it. When I checked out, the lady at the front counter apologized for the night (she wasn't the night person on duty) and gave me a discount on the room. It really should've been free but I was to tired to fight the issue. I left promising myself I would never return!

Location is great if you want to be in Hollywood, close to Graumann's, etc. However, the area is really bad now. There's always people hanging around very late at night. They had a security guard out in the parking lot on Friday night; they should also have one on Saturdays. Days Inn recently airbrushed a movie star motiff over all the rooms and exterior walls which really makes it look even cheaper and seedier. Mgmt doesn't do anything about the problems in their place. Do yourself a favor, find something better!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo