“I still think about my breakfast!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Happy Diner
Ranked #228 of 9,854 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: LAX Area
Detroit, Michigan
“I still think about my breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a very short walk from the Crowne plaza where we were staying. I'm so glad that it was because it was one of the best breakfast meals I've ever had! I decided to try something completely new to me and the waitress recommended "anything with the verde sauce" so I went with the chefs special. Tortillas topped with hashbrowns, shredded pork, smothered in verde sauce, with cheese, sour cream and guacamole... Yummmmm!! I was in heaven! Seriously check this place out if your in town or take a drive, It's worth it! There Is only one other place I've had a breakfast so memorable and that was in grand haven,mi (oatmeal pancakes mmm) anyway this place has got the goods!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Danielle19828

Coshocton, Ohio
“Great eats and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Staying close by waiting for a cruise trip, a local told us about this diner at the corner bus stop. What a find......best chilly I have had in years!!! We did the burger and fry thing and they were fantastic. Menu has everything you could want, at very reasonable prices and the service is excellent. Must stop if you in the area and you like food!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank RetiredOhioTravelers
Wooster, Ohio
“Easy walk from Crowne Plaza San Pedro Excellent Food & Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Very nice hometown diner. We found it by accident and what a pleasant surprise. The menu is large, the prices are low and the service was excellent. I spoke with the owner and told him he can be proud of a very nice restaurant and staff. We had dinner then breakfast the next morning before cruising to Hawaii. This is a very simple, excellent blue collar dining, all American type place that we just love to patronize.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gary S
Dallas, Texas
“Great Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I am a regular customer of the Happy Diner. Family owned and operated, the menu is eclectic, reasonably priced,always tasty, and always served with a smile. You can get breakfast all day if you want, or take advantage of a varied menu ranging from straight up American diner fare to Mexican specialties. Substitutions are no problem. True, the decor is unprepossessing, but what do you really go to a restaurant for? Great food, great service, and friendly people all served up at a price that makes sense. You can't do better in San Pedro than the Happy Diner.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bradenton, FL
“Good food, good people, good prices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

We found this small, hometown cafe when we were looking for a place to eat breakfast before our cruise left San Pedro for Hawaii. It is a short walk around the corner from the Crowne Plaza Hotel near the port. The owner and her cook handled the whole place with skill and good humor. The food and service was very good! Clientele was mostly local...usually a good sign. The menu offered a large selection of breakfasts including some Mexican specialities. We didn't see the lunch menu, but if breakfast was any indication, lunch would be great, too! Food was fresh and arrived hot at the table. I would make it a point to eat there again if we are in the San Pedro port in the future.

• Visited October 2011