“delicious dim sum”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: LAX Area
Cross street: Sweetzer
Reviewed October 16, 2013

great selection and really good dim sum! Eat in is nice and take out is also very good. Can't go wrong!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

There is no parking so you have two choices: 1). Valet or 2). Street Parking by the Meter

I think the lowest price dish is $5.99

The food temperature is good; the size of the dumplings and items is good size and quanity

The Pea Sprouts was a surprise..

Would I return? Only if someone is paying the bill or there are several people sharing the bill. My wife and I paid $50.00 including tip for a total of six items and we had tap water!

What surprised me was no tea set;

The pancake was excellent, real and authentic!

The servers are very attentive and will move quickly

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We live in Toronto Ontario and eat at a variety of dim sum restaurants. On a limb, we tried Bao due to it's proximity of our hotel (arrived on a Friday at 10pm). Restaurant was not only open, but also quite busy. The food could be labelled as Fusion dim sum, and the kitchen took some creative licence to stray from the traditional items; all with great success! service was excellent too.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Just like another reviewer on here, my gold standard for dim sum is Yank Sing in SF, as well. I discovered this place because of a coupon, of all things! I was searching for a new place because Emperor's Pavilion was rapidly going downhill (now, out of business) and decided to give this a go. It wasn't in the usual dim sum areas so I wasn't sure if it was going to be authentic. Well, I was genuinely surprised and so was my whole family. We've been here about 5 times now and have enjoyed almost everything. Just a couple of dishes have been a disappointment but they weren't dim sum dishes. Everything has been very fresh and high quality, the decor is really nice (often, in dim sum houses, it's iffy) and the closest I've come to Yank Sing yet (and closer!). The only thing missing for me on the menu is duck. Otherwise, I have left completely satisfied on each visit. The xiao long bao is excellent, har gow is fresh and generous in size and the spareribs in black bean sauce is delicious, too. And the dessert bao is very good, my favorite being the crispy sesame ball. Definitely worth coming too!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This place is great for westernized dim sum, made to order. All of the dishes are reasonably priced, most $4.50-$7, and all very tasty. My husband and I had the juicy pork dumplings, chicken shumai, baked pork buns, and steamed asian broccoli. The dishes all came out in a random order, so it was fun to sample as they arrived. The servers were very nice, and very accommodating. I'd definitely recommend if you're in the mood.