Good Nite Inn Sylmar
$362
$279
Sofitel
  • Pool
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$164
$154
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$267
$259
  • Breakfast included
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$305
$216
$203
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Casa del Mar(Santa Monica)
$591
$575
$171
$167
  • Pool
All reviewsmagic mountaingoodnite innfront desksecurity guarduniversal studiosroom was cleantoilet papergreat place to stayice machinedefinitely stay here againeasy accessfreewaydennyscaliforniaironhousekeepingrates
FilterAll languages
los angeles
Reviewed April 10, 2006

I had checked this site for the reviews and figured I only needed to sleep at this place for 1 night so I ignored the bad reviews. That was a bad idea. The room was bad, the hotel clerk is rude I could deal with that but the sleep was horrible. They actully rented a room with a broken window. I mean broken not cracked, they just taped the piece back on with clear tape. I didnt think it was going to be a big problem so I stayed there. The chairs are disgusting with all kinds of stains. I had to cover them with towels. The room smelled like cigarettes even though it was a non smoking room. The carpet was disgusting do not walk barefooted. The bathroom floor was stained. There was someones elses shavings all around the sink. But the worst was that you could not sleep!!! The hotel is right next to the interstate 5. It is loud especialy with a broken window. The floors are thin and I could hear the person upstairs every single time they would move on the bed because the springs on the bed are horrible!! DEFINITELY NOT A GOOD NITE!!! I only got 3 hours sleep!

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Management response:Responded May 17, 2006

Thank you for your feedback during your stay. Since then we have completed repairs to windows and other parts of the motel. The motel will be remodeled next year and we would like to have you return as our guest.

Reviewed March 26, 2006

We booked this hotel based on price and the fact that they had wireless broadband.

We arrived fairly late in the evening and were given a smoking room when that is not what we booked and it was horrible.

To her credit the young lady at the front desk did manage to get us another room after several complaints. I would not reccommend this hotel to anyone...if all you want to do is sleep you might be ok if you stayed on the east side as the west side faces I-5.

We weren't particularly inteterested in amenities and the hotel could have been alright for the price except for the fact that the internet only worked for a out a couple of hours while we were there. I brought this to the attention of the mangagemnet who seems to be under the impression that just because he is transmitting a signal means the room can connect. Not True!! Something as simple as resetting the router might have solved this problem but was not done.

Clean enough I suppose but the shower was plumbed backwards and only a trickle of water came out. Also, would not do Yoga on the carpet if I were you.

For my money...spend a couple extra bucks and go somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank bmweerman
Management response:Responded May 17, 2006

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Recently the Wireless internet has been upgraded for optimum service. Because of valuable feedback from guests like yourself we are able to continue improving our product and provide superior service.

San Diego
Reviewed August 16, 2005

I recently had to stay over in the LA area over the weekend. I was traveling by myself and I stayed at this hotel. I knew it wasn't going to be the poshest of accomodations when I booked through Hotels so I wasn't too upset when I got to my room. I had asked for a non-smoking room but the room reeked of stale smoke (esp. the bathroom). Someone had carved grafitti into the inside of the door and the screens on my window were broken. THere were stains on the cieling and obvious red wine stains scrubbed out of the bathroom counter. The linen really stank of cigerette smoke as well and the bed was pretty stiff. I was a bit nervous by the neighborhood, but basically it was a quiet night and no one bothered me. I got into my hotel at midnight. There was a security staff patrolling the parking lot at night, but that actually made me feel better about staying there. They were nice enough. If you just need a quick place to stay off of the 405 near the valley then this is an ok solution. It definitely wasn't great, I probably would stay here again if I needed to save money. It was cheap.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Management response:Responded February 21, 2006

I would like to take this opportunity to appologize for the condition of the room and your experience during your stay. You will be happy to know that renovations are planned for 2006. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to extend our hospitality.

Phoneix, AZ
Reviewed May 9, 2005

If you love bugs, this is the place for you! Night 1 - We arrived to a huge cockroach in the bathtub. There were 3 security guards roaming the parking lot proving to us that this was a great neighborhood (not!). We made sure we put the ice bucket over the drain each night from then on. One would think that might work, but on the second night, we awoke to a huge spider in the bathroom. Terrible!! The place was small, crampt, and old. No remote control. Are you kidding me??

My suggestion: Don't even think about staying here!! Spend the extra money to stay in a clean place!!

• Stayed: May 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Management response:Responded May 17, 2006

Thank you for your feedback during your stay. You will be happy to know that since your last stay with us we have changed our pest control vendor. We are committed to prevent pests at the Good Nite Inn. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we would be happy to have you stay with us as our guest again.

corcoran, ca
Reviewed March 19, 2005

i have actually stayed at this hotel 3times and everytime that i have stayed there i have enjoyed my visit the front desk are always friendly everytime i have went. they are located in a good location. for those who said bad remarks im sorry for you. you must have picked a wrong time to go. like ive said before i have stayed at this hotel three times and i have enjoyed it all three times. nice swimming pool, spa, elevator, clear everytime ive been there. yes its not good about the deposit for the remote control nor the telephone but you do get ur deposit back however i have no need for those things so it doesnt bother me

• Stayed: February 2005