“BATHROOM NEEDS IMPROVEMENT”

Good Nite Inn Sylmar
Ranked #101 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed April 12, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
GNISylmar, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sylmar, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Reviewed April 12, 2012

great value,clean everything worked. a little noisy (freeway close by) but i always carry ear plugs.
i've read some of the complaints about this hotel and found that most were not apparent to me
i will stay there again. i have already booked it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank carl f

Thank you for the great review! We definitely do our best here to make sure each guest has a pleasant stay. Quick Tip - While we are near a freeway, please request a room facing Encinitas or on the ground floor. It is a bit quieter!

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Beware of the cheap price and the rather stylish exterior as that is about the only 'good' at this place. The room was tiny and cramped and we had to ask for a chair which was non existent at our desk. We were brought a chair and I wouldn't even allow a street person to sit on it as it had very unpleasant stains on it. Apparently another traveler also had to ask for a chair - hmmm - chairs aren't that expensive to have in a standard room are they? Oh yes, forget the 'supposedly' free wi-fi - you have to pay for that service even if you have your own computer. I can understand paying at the some of the high-end resorts, but come on, even Motel 6 offers free wi-fi. Oh yes, the breakfast - Otis Spunkmeyer muffins, pre-packaged - no wonder we are a nation of obese people. Sorry, but I'll pay more and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for the review! I have a few updates that help for your next stay. We are receiving a new shipment of chairs shortly. We understand that our guests do need chairs and we have placed the order. Also, we know that when we advertise a breakfast, most guests are expecting a full continental and not just muffins. We are no longer offering the muffins but we are offering a nice discount to the restaurant next door!

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I made a point to go here beacuse it was cheaper and I liked one in Calabasas ahwile ago. All Motels are too expensive anyway.

Took a shower and suddenly got scalding hot, then too cold TWICE. First they were gonna have maintenance check it. Then offered me another room. I said I don't need another shower, I want a discount. The manager did offer a refund, but there are no other cheaper, better hotels in the area. I said I want a discount. He agreed to 25%, but when I checked out in the morning, did not reflect the discount. The clerk said shed have a manager call when they got in. NO call of course. I'm not a scammer, they should have compensated me for the shower.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
GNISylmar, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sylmar, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us. We do have an update on our shower valves. We have replaced some of our older shower valves with brand new valves with great success. The next time you come back, we are confident that you will have a nice constant temperature to work with.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed at the Sylmar location for 2.5 weeks and enjoyed every nights there... The room was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the rates was a great for my budget... And who could go without the lovely continental breakfast that was served every morning.... If you're looking for a nice, peaceful community that is close to nearby restaurants and gas stations then definately consider Good Nite Inn Sylmar!!!

Reginald S.
Shreveport, LA

Room Tip: If unsure about a room, ask to see the room upon checkin... Most hotels value your business and wont...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Reginald S

Thank you for your excellent review! We try our best to make Good Nite Inn Sylmar the most comfortable place for our visitors. During an extended stay like yours, most guests end up being like family, so we hope to see you back with us soon!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Driving to Orange County to visit family we needed an inexpensive but clean and safe place to stay. We remember the Good Nite Inn. Went on their website and found them to be the most affordable yet clean and safe looking. We arrived late around 9:30 p.m. to find a well lighted Inn and parking area. A security guard was patroling the parking lot who was friendly and courteous and made us feel secure. We were tired and it was nice to be greeted by a very nice young front desk lady. The room was beyond what I expected for the price older but very clean. The towels were great. We had a good nites sleep and in the morning enjoyed the great complimentary Coffee and muffins. Will definately stay here again when needed and recommend to friends. In these tough economic times it feels good to be given a fair price and treated right.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Patricia M

Thank you for the great review! I think that your review hit the nail on the head. We have excellent rates but still provide a clean, safe, and friendly atmosphere. From our security guard to our guest services staff, we always strive to make every stay a positive one!

Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stayed at the Good Nite Inn Sylmar back in October 2010. My experience was alright. I did not have any problems (except for the creepy guys up stairs from me). I did not have high expectations there for I was not disappointed. The room was clean and typical of a standard motel. The front desk staff was curtious and helpful. I think the price is fair for what you get at this motel. I have no complaints and i'm planning on staying there again 1/26.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Lanelle R

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for rebooking! I'm glad that you didn't have any problems and everything was up to your standards. You are absolutely right in saying not to expect a 5 star resort. We do not have all the extra amenities but we do offer an excellent rate for a safe atmosphere, clean room, and friendly staff. Add all of those up and you can see that you are getting an excellent value!