“what a joke”

Ranked #110 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
COWLEY
“what a joke”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

Beware of the cheap price and the rather stylish exterior as that is about the only 'good' at this place. The room was tiny and cramped and we had to ask for a chair which was non existent at our desk. We were brought a chair and I wouldn't even allow a street person to sit on it as it had very unpleasant stains on it. Apparently another traveler also had to ask for a chair - hmmm - chairs aren't that expensive to have in a standard room are they? Oh yes, forget the 'supposedly' free wi-fi - you have to pay for that service even if you have your own computer. I can understand paying at the some of the high-end resorts, but come on, even Motel 6 offers free wi-fi. Oh yes, the breakfast - Otis Spunkmeyer muffins, pre-packaged - no wonder we are a nation of obese people. Sorry, but I'll pay more and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
GNISylmar, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sylmar, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you for the review! I have a few updates that help for your next stay. We are receiving a new shipment of chairs shortly. We understand that our guests do need chairs and we have placed the order. Also, we know that when we advertise a breakfast, most guests are expecting a full continental and not just muffins. We are no longer offering the muffins but we are offering a nice discount to the restaurant next door!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

I made a point to go here beacuse it was cheaper and I liked one in Calabasas ahwile ago. All Motels are too expensive anyway.

Took a shower and suddenly got scalding hot, then too cold TWICE. First they were gonna have maintenance check it. Then offered me another room. I said I don't need another shower, I want a discount. The manager did offer a refund, but there are no other cheaper, better hotels in the area. I said I want a discount. He agreed to 25%, but when I checked out in the morning, did not reflect the discount. The clerk said shed have a manager call when they got in. NO call of course. I'm not a scammer, they should have compensated me for the shower.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
GNISylmar, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Sylmar, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us. We do have an update on our shower valves. We have replaced some of our older shower valves with brand new valves with great success. The next time you come back, we are confident that you will have a nice constant temperature to work with.
Buena Park, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed at the Sylmar location for 2.5 weeks and enjoyed every nights there... The room was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the rates was a great for my budget... And who could go without the lovely continental breakfast that was served every morning.... If you're looking for a nice, peaceful community that is close to nearby restaurants and gas stations then definately consider Good Nite Inn Sylmar!!!

Reginald S.
Shreveport, LA

Room Tip: If unsure about a room, ask to see the room upon checkin... Most hotels value your business and wont...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Reginald S
Thank you for your excellent review! We try our best to make Good Nite Inn Sylmar the most comfortable place for our visitors. During an extended stay like yours, most guests end up being like family, so we hope to see you back with us soon!
San Miguel, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Driving to Orange County to visit family we needed an inexpensive but clean and safe place to stay. We remember the Good Nite Inn. Went on their website and found them to be the most affordable yet clean and safe looking. We arrived late around 9:30 p.m. to find a well lighted Inn and parking area. A security guard was patroling the parking lot who was friendly and courteous and made us feel secure. We were tired and it was nice to be greeted by a very nice young front desk lady. The room was beyond what I expected for the price older but very clean. The towels were great. We had a good nites sleep and in the morning enjoyed the great complimentary Coffee and muffins. Will definately stay here again when needed and recommend to friends. In these tough economic times it feels good to be given a fair price and treated right.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Patricia M
Thank you for the great review! I think that your review hit the nail on the head. We have excellent rates but still provide a clean, safe, and friendly atmosphere. From our security guard to our guest services staff, we always strive to make every stay a positive one!
Sacramento, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stayed at the Good Nite Inn Sylmar back in October 2010. My experience was alright. I did not have any problems (except for the creepy guys up stairs from me). I did not have high expectations there for I was not disappointed. The room was clean and typical of a standard motel. The front desk staff was curtious and helpful. I think the price is fair for what you get at this motel. I have no complaints and i'm planning on staying there again 1/26.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Lanelle R
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for rebooking! I'm glad that you didn't have any problems and everything was up to your standards. You are absolutely right in saying not to expect a 5 star resort. We do not have all the extra amenities but we do offer an excellent rate for a safe atmosphere, clean room, and friendly staff. Add all of those up and you can see that you are getting an excellent value!
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

Staff very friendly. Sarah at the front desk attitude is amazing! she is very helpfull and friendly. would stay at good nite inn anytime if you are looking for a cheap hotel choose good nite at Sylmar.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Saula D
Thank you for the great review! Our Guest Services staff work really hard to make sure every guest is treated with courtesy and respect. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to having you as a guest in the future.
Lawton, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

This is right next to a busy freeway, but for the price and location it was really good. It is a budget hotel, so not a lot of frills, but if you are looking to go to the LA area and can't afford a lot, this is your place. It is right next door to a Denny's and McDonald's is right across the street, so if you want a late night snack, it can't be bet. Our room was large, but our bathtub was not so good condition. The bed was a little lumpy, but I am sure we could have ask for another room, but remember this is a budget hotel. We stayed about 13 days there, we didn't use the internet, but I understand it is too expensive a cost to use anyway. Every morning they have muffins and juice and coffee in office. For the money, beings that it is LA, it wasn't bad, but if you have dogs, you can stay next door at Motel 6 for a little more, good place to stay also. You have to ask for things like toilet paper, which is unbelievable, but it is what it is. If you are going to stay long, you might want to consider the Motel 6 next door, better service and nicer rooms, just a little higher.

Room Tip: check your room out first, we stayed in a room with a messed up bathtub.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the review and for complimenting our great value. We offer WIFI for a small fee of $3.95. For a shorter stay, this is a very reasonable charge. For a 2 week stay like yours, I could see how this might add up. Regarding our facilities (you mentioned bed), we are constantly updating our beds, carpets, vanity counters and more. Thanks again!