“Beware of BED BUG”

Ranked #159 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
New York, New York, United States
“Beware of BED BUG”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Once we pulled into the parking lot, we didn't feel safe already. Almost canceled the reservation, but the policy from hotels.com no refundable.
Ground floor is noisy, you could hear the upstairs. Breakfast is very limited. TV's remote not working. Carpet is so dirty and sticky. And the Highlight from the stay is BED BUG, people!
Never ever go back. I wish could give a 0 star!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Beth Y
super8losangeles, Webmaster at Super 8 Los Angeles/Alhambra, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Los Angeles Alhambra for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was notified of the non-working remote in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to it’s repair or replacement.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bedbugs in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter and see to any needed extermination.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Los Angeles Alhambra. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed November 10, 2011

This motel was the closest to our destination in South Pasadena, and was also on the low cost end of the spectrum. The neighborhood is on the edge of El Serrino which may look a little dicey, but we were pleasantly surprised and felt secure in the the property. It is set up in a fort style with one entry -- a two story building surrounding the parking lot. The staff was friendly. We opted for the king size bed, which was very comfortable, but tight for the room. The facility is definitely older, but had fresh paint outside, upgraded tile in the bathroom adn was clean. There was also a microwave and small refrigerator. We were on the upper floor, which was quiet. There was also a walk in closet, The heater was a little noisey during the night, but an adjustment on the dial set that right. The continental breakfast was modest, but adequate, with cereal, instant oatmeal, muffins and danish, eggo waffles, toast and juice -- no fruit. We stayed three nights, and slept well all three nights. It was not fancy, but was secure and comfortable, plus we loved the money we saved over other options.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver
Reviewed September 4, 2011

The rooms were fairly clean, bed was very comfortable and the parking was good. Breakfast was pretty limited and internet did not work for the 3 days we were here. Ground floor is pretty noisy 24/7.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 18, 2011

When I drove up to the hotel, I was a little concerned about the outside appearance. Pulling into the lot, I saw that there were families staying here and license plates from all around the country. That made me feel better. The man who checked me in was very friendly and kind. He gave me great suggestions to good places to eat in the area. Later that night I had the best tacos that I've ever had....thanks to his recommendation. The room was updated and clean. No funny smells and the bathroom was immaculate. I was travelling alone and yet I felt safe here. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The parking lot was full so I would recommend a making reservations if possible.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank autumn1010
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I needed a dirt-cheap hotel in LA for two nights, and this place was amazing. So much better than the luxury hotel where I stayed for two nights (immediately after, on someone else's dime).

Easy to find-- neighborhood looks sketchy, but had no problems. Very central to the things I needed to do (in Pasadena, Silverlake, Hollywood, and Downtown). Free parking! The manager was extremely courteous and friendly when I arrived. The room was huge and clean enough-- a few stains on the carpet, but no more than in my own living room. Mini-fridge in the room, free internet. I could hear some noise from neighboring rooms from time to time (folks above having sex), but nothing I haven't heard just as often in fancier places.

Great breakfast for free in the mornings, lots of choices (cereal, pastries, fruit, juice, etc.). I opted to carry my food back to my room, rather than eat in the lobby. Check-out was very easy.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again, especially at the amazing price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank vonschwind
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was there attending a concert, and had issued, getting a room. I stayed one night there. They didn't fussed over the fact that I didn't check out til later. I was just disappointmened that the location was really far from L.A. itself. But other than that, it was a nice and quiet place.

• Stayed May 2011
Plattsburgh, New York
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed here in order to visit family - for three nights. The manager was welcoming and polite - the room was clean, had a refrigerator and microwave and housekeepers were meticulous! I was very impressed with this facility and would recommend it to anyone looking for a reasonable price, a safe facility with a more than adequate breakfast, too.

The beds were comfortable - AC excellent - I would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Lincoln Park Motel
#156 of 350 in Los Angeles
Super 8 Los Angeles Downtown
#106 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to Super 8 Los Angeles/Alhambra? Share your experiences!