“Delicious”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: LAX Area
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been to Son of a Gun for both lunch and dinner and have not been disappointed. The food is delicious, innovative and predictably great. The service is also friendly, helpful and attentive. I would eat here as often as possible if it weren't for the ear piercing noise at dinner. The noise was of no concern at lunch, but the dinner decimal level left me begging for relief. This is one of the best restaurants in town, but if you go for dinner bring ear plugs. Seriously.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Went on my own and was sat at the albeit busy bar immediately. Had a super friendly waitress who gave awesome recommendations, about how much as well as what to eat. Would definitely go back!

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Great food, busy, hip and friendly. All the pieces in place to have an exceptional night.
Good value and very fun for groups to share bites,...we went full out with a group of six and the bill came to be around four hundred with tip. All of us would go back in a second.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I went with 2 friends on a Monday and there was a line out the door while everyone waited for the place to open for dinner. Make sure you make reservations. All the staff was super friendly and accommodating. We really felt like they wanted us to have a great dinner. Super mixologist behind the bar. Be sure to get one of their special drinks. We ordered about 6 dishes and shared them all, each dish better than the last. My faves: scallop, Hollywood oysters and the fried shad. We will for sure go back!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The food is spectacular. And I guess that's why you go out. To eat. But if you want to actually have a conversation with the person across from you, be prepared to yell. The service was good but I had one big issue... they wouldn't seat our party of 3 at 7:30 for our 7:30 reservation until our 4th party member had arrived. They recommended that we get a drink at the bar which isn't really a bar but a slab counter in the back near a crowded table where you have to fight with servers to get a drink. We did try but in not getting served went back to stand at the front of the restaurant where we watched our empty table, thinking of the $50 or $60 we would have spent on drinks had we been sitting while waiting for our fourth. I get the policy, it's L.A., people are late, you're popular, and you don't have a lot of room. But when most of the party is present and willing to start on drinks, and when you don't have an adequate bar, you might think about special considerations. After all, you are in the business of customer service. Because of this I won't go back or recommend it to friends. Sadly it's the one thing that stands out the most and there are too many choices in Los Angeles to settle for less.