“Touring with LaInsider tours”
Review of LA Insider Tours

and up
Private Half-Day Los Angeles City Tour
Ranked #3 of 38 Food & Drink in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Family Friendly Custom Tours of LA, Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. We specialize in personable, entertaining, one-on-one tour experiences showing you the real Los Angeles in private, unmarked vehicles. We pick you up directly at your hotel and return you at the end of your tour. No scrambling to get to a meeting location or waiting on a bus while the tour company goes from hotel to hotel picking up other passengers. You get to choose what you see, when you see it, and how you see it. It's a custom tour and best of all completely private -- stop for a photo op anywhere you like or just feel free to act silly with family and friends without worrying about what the other strangers on the tour will think. See the city as an LA insider with local knowledge from people who live here - it's just like having a friend in town.
Bairnsdale, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Touring with LaInsider tours”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I booked a five hour LAX layover for six people, before flying home to Australia. Our driver/guide Scott gave us a fantastic LA experience. We were taken to all the main points of interest and Scott's knowledge of the area and all the celebrity facts was exemplary. Scott was very accommodating (some of our group weren't well) , and adapted the tour to meet our needs. Offered drinks and TLC where necessary. Our group travelled in air conditioned comfort in a late model car and have voted this tour one of the highlights of our five weeks overseas. I would recommend this company to anyone with time to kill.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jun063

Ripon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Ask for Scott! Very entertaining and knowledgeable.”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We were a party of 5 adults (including 2 seniors) and requested an 8 hour bespoke tour. Scott arrived promptly and showed us all the sights we had requested plus an impromptu short tour of the stars homes. Scott was extremely genial, knowledgeable, courteous and great fun throughout the entire day. We would have no hesitation in recommending LA Insider Tours and Scott to discerning customers who want to see all the sights, hear plenty of good stories and then he kindly sent us the photos he'd taken on his own camera to the dozens we had ourselves. A great experience, a great day. A++++

Visited December 2013
Melbourne, Australia
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Amazing tour , Vanessa was awesome :)”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I had a 7.5 hour build your own tour with Vanessa today and I wanted to write a review so everyone knows what a great tour company this is. We saw all the amazing sights, and Vanessa showed us everything we wanted to see along with giving us interesting and humorous facts. Seeing Mark Wahlberg at Rodeo Drive was an added bonus ! Overall I highly recommend this tour and suggest you ask for Vanessa as she was fantastic !

Visited November 2013
1 Thank audreyhepburn2013
Poplar Grove, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Customized Tour!!!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I traveled solo to LA in October 2013 for a 5 day Adventures By Disney tour. There were several places that I wanted to visit to go along with the Disney theme in the LA area that I knew were not included in this tour. So, I arranged for a 6 hour customized tour through LA Insider Tours before my ABD tour started. I sent Steve a list of the places I wanted to visit, most of which were Disney related, and some of which were not. I was met and greeted in the lobby of my hotel by Scott, my very friendly and delightful tour guide, on the morning of my tour. As it turns out, Scott had obviously put a lot of time and caring into planning my tour. Not only, did we visit the places I had requested, but he had also researched other related places of interest which were on the way to my requested stops. His very knowledgeable planning, sharing of factual information, and interest in my theme enhanced my tour tremendously. In addition, Scott's warm, friendly, relaxed manner made the most enjoyable tour I have ever taken. The day was full of awesome experiences! I will not hesitate to plan another tour through LA Insider Tours the next time I am in LA, and will also request Scott as a guide again!!!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank CorgiMom2
Toronto Ontario
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wow - What a comprehensive and fun tour of LA - thanks”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We did a “Build Your Own Tour of LA in a Day” and Emmanuel was our consummate host, driver and tour guide for our amazing tour of LA.

Emmanuel was knowledgeable, funny and went above and beyond to ensure that our day covered all of the LA and area highlights as well as some last minute additions.

Each of us (group of 7) got a window seat in the van for the best views. We made many stops and had lots of opportunities to get out and explore.

I highly recommend this company and their staff.

Many thanks and a shout out to Emmanuel. Also, thanks to Steve for answering my constant e-mails full of questions.

Visited October 2013