“Build your own LA in a day!”
Review of LA Insider Tours

and up
Private Hollywood and Los Angeles in a Day Tour
Ranked #3 of 45 Food & Drink in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Family Friendly Custom Tours of LA, Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. We specialize in personable, entertaining, one-on-one tour experiences showing you the real Los Angeles in private, unmarked vehicles. We pick you up directly at your hotel and return you at the end of your tour. No scrambling to get to a meeting location or waiting on a bus while the tour company goes from hotel to hotel picking up other passengers. You get to choose what you see, when you see it, and how you see it. It's a custom tour and best of all completely private -- stop for a photo op anywhere you like or just feel free to act silly with family and friends without worrying about what the other strangers on the tour will think. See the city as an LA insider with local knowledge from people who live here - it's just like having a friend in town.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our group of 6 booked a build your own 8 hour tour. It was so much fun!! Eric was our tour guide and was hilarious throughout the day. His hilarious and curious personality got us a couple of celebrity encounters too! We saw everything from Hollywood Blvd to Venice Beach to Santa Monica Pier to Rodeo Drive to celebrity homes. Eric covered everything we had planned for the tour and added so much himself. At the conclusion of our tour at 5 pm, we truly felt like we had seen LA in a day. Thanks LA Insider Tours!

2  Thank Leila S

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We booked this tour obviously for our two tween/teenage daughters. Kevin was our guide. He was fairly new on the job. I wish he had been more up-to-date on tweenage culture/stars, but he did give a tour that we all enjoyed, even pointing out some things from stars "back in the day.'' (in other words, my kids had no clue who he was talking about, but my husband and I enjoyed.) There was no way we could have seen and done all that we did if we had been on our own. With this tour, we experienced so much of LA. We skipped the Chinese Theater and Hollywood Walk of Fame because we were staying right there and it was easy to do on our own. We took the girls to Dash and It's a Wrap, both of which they enjoyed. Lunch at the Farmer's Market was a fantastic experience! Kevin was very patient with us. We wanted to stop and take pics everywhere! Overall, I would def recommend to anyone with limited time in LA. Well worth the money!

2  Thank mikadoodle
sckasher, Owner at LA Insider Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Hello and thank you for your excellent feedback! We are always looking to improve our knowledge of celebrity information that appeals to everyone in the group, so we really value your feedback about the teen celebrity knowledge. We have passed this on to Kevin and he has already really improved in this area. We are always looking to be the best we can be and really appreciate you letting us know how we can improve!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Myself & 5 friends spent the day with our tour guide Eric and had a wonderful time. I couldn't believe how much ground we covered and how much we got to see. It was definitely a great time. We got to see Santa Monica Pier, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Venice Beach & much more. I even left a very nice pair of sunglasses in the van and they were kind of enough to mail them back to me. So thanks again, LA Inside Tours! Highly recommended.

1  Thank Ryan B
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We spent an amazing day with Steve seeing the sights of LA. Our group consisted of my 13 year old daughter and her friend, myself, and my 21 year old son's girlfriend. We were only in LA for 5 days and wanted to see as much as possible so booked the tour for our first full day. We were so interested and entertained. We felt that we had a full overview of the city and then picked the places we wanted to see further for the following days.

Our guide Steve knew so much about each sight and was fun and easy going. We were all nervous about spending the entire day with a stranger but we all agreed that the tour was the highlight of our trip. I highly recommend it for everyone.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Our family arranged for a custom private tour and we loved it! Kevin our host and guide is superb. He is both friendly and very knowledgeable about LA. He took us all around the various sites and landmarks of the city including those we specifically asked for.

It was really cool to be walking through the Oscar red carpet area on Monday and then to see the celebs there live on TV the following Sunday! It was also interesting to eat taquitos in the area where the first settlers founded Los Angeles as well as having lunch at one of Marilyn Monroe's favorites, Canter's Deli.

I highly recommend LA Insider Tours and believe the good things customers say about them and believe in their ability to customize/personalize a tour. Also, feel free to ask LA Insider Tours for recommendations. They customized their LA in a day tour to suit our needs and I'm sure they will for you too.

Want to see LA? Then go with LA Insider Tours!

2  Thank John T