“Great Day”

and up
Private Hollywood and Los Angeles in a Day Tour
Ranked #3 of 40 Food & Drink in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Family Friendly Custom Tours of LA, Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. We specialize in personable, entertaining, one-on-one tour experiences showing you the real Los Angeles in private, unmarked vehicles. We pick you up directly at your hotel and return you at the end of your tour. No scrambling to get to a meeting location or waiting on a bus while the tour company goes from hotel to hotel picking up other passengers. You get to choose what you see, when you see it, and how you see it. It's a custom tour and best of all completely private -- stop for a photo op anywhere you like or just feel free to act silly with family and friends without worrying about what the other strangers on the tour will think. See the city as an LA insider with local knowledge from people who live here - it's just like having a friend in town.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We are a family of 5 and only had 1 full day in LA to explore all the different things. Having two teenage daughters and a 10 year old son, it was going to be a challenge to keep everyone happy. But with the 'LA Insider Tours' we managed to do it. We decided on a 6 hour custom tour, which catered for my husband & sons love for cars, going to the Peterson Museum, my daughters love for shopping going to Rodeo Drive, seeing some star homes, the Hollywood sign, the Chinese theatre and even going to the restaurant 'El Tepeyac' which my husband had seen on the show 'Man vs Food'. We had a great day and we would defiantly recommend this tour to anyone who asks.

2  Thank Cafamily2012
There are newer reviews for LA Insider Tours

Reviewed October 20, 2012

From the moment Vanessa picked us up (10 min early) to almost 9 hours later, we were entertained, interested and happy. She took us through neighborhoods, to Dolby theater, walk of stars, the Chinese theater, Roosevelt hotel, the Hollywood sign, Griffith observatory, la brea tar pits, the grove....and a bike ride from Venice beach to Santa Monica pier. Went over the Venice canals, saw some interesting little known areas (bedroom window of Michael Jackson, secret entrance to hot club in Roosevelt hotel's basement), and had front place to an interview with Ellie Ghoulding. Vanessa is an excellent guide and explained the "hows" and "whys" while telling us interesting tidbits / gossip regarding homes, stars, areas, etc. My only disappointment was that we couldn't enter Griffith observatory because we were there too early; entrance times should have been known. I recommend la insider tours to anyone who doesn't want be be on the 45 person tour bus! This was a wonderful day and we will book another tour with them next time we're in LA. Thank you Vanessa, We hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We're a family of 4 (including a 12 year old daughter and 6 year old son) who made the long journey from Western Australia to LA in mid-September. As a mum wanting to make this a very special trip for my family and especially my daughter (who had very high expectations of LA and Hollywood), I looked into the available tours so we could make the most of our time there. I was thrilled to find out about LA Insider Tours and booked one for our second day there. We could take a whole day private tour and structure it to our interests as well as those of our children. I contacted Steve who got back to me immediately. Our tour guide was Vanessa, who was so perfect and informative about the 'young hollywood stars' as well as all the classic Hollywood and LA sights. She structured the tour especially for us and our interests and we went to a list of places my daughter wanted to see that would have taken us weeks to find ourselves. She helped find a shirt my daughter wanted (seen in a magazine on her favourite star) and stopped at the 'Harry Potter' shop where she ensured extra special treatment for my son. It was a truly magical day where we were treated like royalty in our own private low key van, beautifully air conditioned with plenty of cold water! It felt like we were being shown around by a good friend (for over 7 hours!) and the cost was not too much more than the 4 of us paying to go on a generic open bus tour, which looked awful in the heat - and we wouldn't have seen any of the sights we wanted to see (and probably would have been shown a few we weren't interested in at all). We finished the day feeling like we could now relax and had covered the main places we were keen to see. We also had a good idea of how LA worked (including some invaluable pointers for our first time driving in LA!) and embarked on the rest of our trip with confidence and excitement. Thank you so much Vanessa and Steve, and as the t-shirts say 'We Love LA' and can't wait to return. Best holiday ever.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My family of 8 visiting from Munich FULLY enjoyed our day with Steve, the owner. The vehicle, complete with ice chest and beverages was perfect for all of us and it was FAR more personable than any other tour at $50 per person could have been, though it didn't cost too much more, thanks to the fact that we have six kids! How ironic. They actually seemed to have virtually saved us money this time 'round. Lol.

Steve was punctual, cordial, knowledgeable, a good driver and very professional. He was also very reliable in email correspondence and reachable by phone.

Do yourself a favor. Book a day with Steve. His services are worth MORE than his reasonable rates!

Mike Lasher, Owner:
Mike's Bike Tours of Munich
Bus Bavaria Neuschwanstein Castle Tours
Mike's Private Tours of and Beyond Munich

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband, 3 kids (10,7,5) and I spent 4 days travelling with Steve. With great honour he showed us the Grand Canyon, Monument valley, Zion national park and Bryce Canyon. Steve had a great knowledge of the area and took us everywhere we had asked to go at our pace. Steve made a great effort to accommodate our kids. We were very comfortable driving around in his car and enjoyed his company. Everything was well organised and paid for in advance so we could just sit back and enjoy. This trip was one of our favourite highlights of our holiday. We highly recommend Steve and his company. Thanks for a fantastic adventure. Gaye, Ian, Josh, Ethan and Rhianna.