“Great tacos and service”
Review of Guisados

Guisados
Ranked #182 of 10,090 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: LAX Area
Neighborhood: LAX Area
California, USA
“Great tacos and service”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Finally, a good taquería in LA! These are great tacos with delicious fillings and good aguas frescas. We enjoyed tacos de cochinita, calabacitas, hongos con cilantro, mole poblano and shrimp. All of them, highly recommended. The staff is very friendly. We met the owner, who was also a very nice person who owns the market next door (good sweet bread there, too)!

Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Guisados Best Taco in all of America in los Angeles”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Guisados 1261 W sunset blvd los Angeles CA 90033 west of 5( LA ordered the Shrimp Taco. ,Fish Taco without the cream sauce best taco I ever tasted nothing campares in all of La or mexico big tacos I go here once a week

Arcadia, Ca.
“Guisados- THE L.A. taco mecca”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The tacos at Guisados are so good, I had a hard time leaving, even after I knew I couldn't eat anymore. The corn tortillas are made to order, not made and kept warm for later use. I've never tasted corn tortillas this good. I didn't have a favorite taco, all of the tacos were exceptional! There are many choices on the menu, so a 2nd, 3rd and 4th trip is not just necessary, it's automatic. The staff is very friendly and will help you with any menu questions. Fresh, homemade, flavor overload is what you taste. The Cesar Chavez location closes at 8PM and the Sunset location closes at 10PM, so don't be late!

1 Thank Anthony G
Corrales, NM
“The very best tacos!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I went to the Guisados located on 1261 Sunset Blvd. Echo Park. The tacos were served on a "pupusa" like thick but soft base. I had six varieties of the tacos - and they were all good - no, I mean great. I don't remember seeing as many options even in Mexico. Tacos will never be the same for me.
One person in our group ordered the special chili dish with 5 varieties of chili, sauteed in chili oil and topped with a habaneor sauce. As you can imagine it was hot, but very tasty - I was told. These are also priced extremely low....Why would anyone want to cook at home when you have this place in your neighborhood?

• Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great...That's All You Can Say!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Had no idea what to expect - just heard it was a great Taco place..and it was and more! Friendly staff, GREAT food, relaxing 'no frills' atmosphere. We ordered a couple 'sampler' plates - and then ordered more...we couldn't stop eating!
Although they don't serve alcohol, they have no problem with BYOB - they just want you to feel comfortable and enjoy...and enjoy we did!
Next time in LA - will definitely be going back to Guisados!

• Visited April 2013