“You get what you pay for”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills
Ranked #284 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed here cuz it was cheap for a five-day stay. Room was clean and the bed pretty comfy, but beyond that, just "meh." The formica in the kitchen was burned and the trim was coming off. The bathroom needed cosmetic work. The "grab and go" breakfast was pretty useless ... but since we made breakfast in the kitchen, it really didn't matter (small but important point ... what good is a coffee maker without filters?). Overall the place wasn't bad, but not up to my standards.

Room Tip: Do NOT accept a first floor room ... they face the parking lot or busy Ventura Blvd.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay with us. We're thrilled that you found the room to be clean and the bed comfy during your stay. Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We hope to see you again next time you are in Woodland Hills.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills

Reviewed February 23, 2013

i stayed here b c my apartment flooded, i needed a long term place to stay and was EXHAUSTED i was in NO condition to be treated badly by anyone my room had no lock so i asked to switch rooms the room they put me in was right next to the leaf blower in the EARLY morning i called to switch rooms again..i was not dressed the mgr demanded i come downstairs 2sign some thing i asked if i could sleep a bit first they said NO.. i muttered "some swear word..allright" under my breath over the phone- i was sleeping i drag myself downstairs & this guy SCREAMS at me to "get out" " no one talks like that to me" he screams.. i was sick..it was a horrible experience later on i discovered the guy hates women has issues with people everyone else there was nice, but that guy i will HATE for the rest of my life i was in a bad situation he should have been fired- i can understand if i was swearing loudly alt at him in public..makign a scene or something but not what happened

Room Tip: avoid the older guy..the manager main manager i heard all sorts of bad things about this guy they do...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank hydra2000
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

We received your review and wanted to take time to respond back with an apology for the service issues you experienced during your stay. Your comments will be addressed and we encourage you to give us another opportunity to make it right. If you would like to discuss this matter further, I can be reached at lwh@extendedstay.com . Thanks again.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked for 4 days for a family gathering in april 2012 the room was Oh My God a real shock dirty the bed had no pillows and the sheets had stains no coffee maker in room when request to have sheet and pillow was given a pillow with no case and the sheets were in the wash? the smell in the room was very bad we left and moved to another hotel down the road and was told we had to pay for the cancle room

Room Tip: do not stay at this hotel no rooms in this hotel is good bad place to stay
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rajasha1
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

We received your review and wanted to take a minute to thank you and to let you know how sorry we are that this happened to you. Your review states tha you stayed in April. Since then we have completed some upgrades and have another larger upgrade in the next few months. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to host your stay and this time with a much better experience. Feel free to contact me at lwh@extendedstay.com in case you need to contact me. Thank you.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The older guy that works there as a manager had done nothing but made my experience staying there horrible. I stayed there a couple of times. Do to the area but not because of the room quality. I had decent check in service from some of the other employees. There are two really nice Asian gentleman but I cant say that as far as the manager. Each time that I came in he was rude & nasty to me. He made me out to be in the wrong when i called him on the level of customer service in which he didn't have. He became offensive. & instead of making MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE better. He neglected how I felt & lost me as a customer.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank leeise

Thanks you for taking the time to post a review. I was sorry to hear about your mixed experience of service at the hoteland apologize for this. We try our best to address your remarks like these and will be bringing it to the staff attention. I hope that you will give us another opporunity to make it right and my email address is lwh@extendedstay.com.
Thanks again

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed 4 nights, Grab & Go breakfast had good coffee plus basic items (Fruit oatmeal, granola bars & muffins)
We were most pleased with the staff. Very helpful and friendly. Antonio checked us in and was very accommodating.
It is an older place and shows some wear, but it was an excellent value & quiet. If we return to this area, we will very likely stay here again.

Room Tip: We prefer upper floors and also like the fan that can be turned on to run continously whether AC or...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Woodland Hills. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction and like that you were pleased with your stay.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

service here is great. love this extended stay. very clean and the people are nice. very understanding caring people. they helped us out in couple situations. they have continualy provided us with the best value and service in the valley. complimentry breakfasti would come to this hotel any chance

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Woodland Hills. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

It was great. I liked the room setup and the staff was very understanding. The maids took care of everything I had the grateful sense of being able to leave money out. I really felt fortunate to find this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012