“With the upmost professionalism” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills
Ranked #281 of 347 Hotels in Los Angeles
“With the upmost professionalism”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

It was great. I liked the room setup and the staff was very understanding. The maids took care of everything I had the grateful sense of being able to leave money out. I really felt fortunate to find this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Woodland Hills. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

After reading these recent reviews that compliment this place so much, I am shocked that I am writing about the same hotel. ...Our experience was awful from the moment we entered the place. From the outside, this hotel looks appealing and clean. The parking lot is well-lit and there is plenty of parking. Though upon entering the facility, one experiences the real deal...a royal dumpster bin. The evening staff we dealt with had no customer service skills and little personality...not a person who should be greeting in-coming guests at a hotel. Walking through the hallway on the way to our room, I felt like I was in some cheap restaurant with lingering smells of old food. There seemed to be some kind of cherry air freshener trying to cover up this smell, which only made it worse. Our room had a small kitchenette with a small fridge that was leaking water all over the floor. The ceiling above the fridge was covered in dirt and spiderwebs and the bathroom reeked of old stale food. The bedspread was worn and dirty when we went down to talk to the front desk about changing rooms, he had gone home. We were told by a lady working there doing hotel laundry that there that all of the front desk staff leaves at 11pm. What kind of hotel doesn't have overnight staff at the front desk? We ended up borrowing blankets and sheets from my in-laws so we wouldn't have to sleep on the dirty bed. The next morning we promptly checked out. We made sure to get a full refund and won't make the mistake of judging a book by it's cover.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rfriedmount
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that your expectations were not met. In response to your feedback, I am addressing the issues with the team. We continually work to improve our hotel, and take these comments very seriously. I invite you to contact me at lwh@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Thank you to all of the staff for such warm welcomes. You truly made us feel at home. My kids can't wait to come back. The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your review! It was great to read that you enjoyed the service at our hotel, the clean rooms and that your children cannot wait to come back. Your feedback means a lot to us and we look forward to your next visit. Thanks again.
Woodland Hills CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Extended Stay has been a home away from home for the past two years. My stays have varied in length, but have always been comfortable. The hotel is well kept and current; the staff is professional and welcoming. If I've encountered any special needs, I've approached the staff and their response has always been quick and accomodating. I have no need to stay anywhere else. I would recommend ESA Woodland Hills to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank for your review. We are thrilled that you continue to be a valued guest of ours and that you took the time to write such a great review. Our staff and myself would like to make every stay comfortable for you and your feedback is what allows us to know how we are doing. Thank you so much.
Aliso Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have been staying in the ESA Woodland Hills for couple years now. My work requires me to stay in the Valley couple of days a week and for the most part I have stayed here. Check-in and check-our are super easy. You can come in really late at night and leave early morning with no problem. Staff are friendly and helpful. There are grocery stores, restaurants and all sorts of shop very close and some even in walking distance.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Woodland Hills. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued,regular guests, like you. The biggest investment we make is in our customers. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Woodland Hills CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've made several trips to the Woodland Hills, CA Extended Stays - amounting to several months stay over the last 18 months. I've seen the hotel go through several different managers initially, until finally they hired their current manager, who has been there for over a year. I've seen the hotel upgrade itself substantially over the last year; it's comfortable and nicely maintained. The service, too, has only gotten better over the past year. People are friendly and happy to accomodate you with whatever you need. I recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Woodland Hills, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. It is so rewarding to know that you continue to stay with us and see that we are steadily improving!

kcmo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have been staying at this ESA Woodland Hills location for 4 years now, and just booked my stay for 2012. My work has me in Beverly Hills for the month of October and it's just a 20 minute (well-timed) drive to work from there. The noise from nearby traffic is apparent but never to the point to bother my sleeping habits. Grocery nearby, restaurants, an occasional sporting event across the street at WH High School. The staff here is a combination of multilingual folks that have all been able and capable to assist me with any request. One thing to remember is that some folks assume that the ESA chain is a full-service hotel chain, which it is not. Guests can certainly plan on an array of comforts here like the deluxe kitchenettes, comfortable beds and furniture and extra living space, but should also remember to provide yourselves the basics such as snacks, bottled water and possibly a favorite pillow or music player. Nonetheless, the ESA Woodland Hills staff and property are all ready-to-please upon my arrival.
I would like to thank the staff for the many nights of convenience and accommodation I have enjoyed since 2008.
See you in October!
Crazy John Brooks- 16x World Frisbee Champion-

Room Tip: Third floor smoking level is fine. Great view!