“Cheap and Rooms Nice”

Ranked #152 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
San Clemente, CA
“Cheap and Rooms Nice”
Reviewed July 13, 2008

The hotel is great for the price ($75). Rooms are good size, very clean, 27" TV. It is not in the best area, but well worth it if you don't want to spend a lot. Parking is the only problem we encountered. There are about 25 rooms, but only 12 spaces. We left our car at a friends house, so I don't really know what would've happened. The management said we would have a space, though.

Decent location to Hollywood & Vine, Hollywood Bowl, etc. About 4 miles from Sunset Strip.

• Liked — Rooms & very quiet
  • Disliked — Parking & surrounding area
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
bestinnhollywood, Webmaster at Legend Hotel Hollywood, responded to this review, October 19, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Inn Hollywood for your recent stay in our area.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay here and that you found the price to be a reasonable one and the location a convenient one to the areas which you wanted to visit. I am glad also that you were pleased with your room.

I am sorry that our available parking spaces proved an inconvenience for you, but I’m glad that you were able to find parking at the home of a friend.

I’m sorry that you don’t like the surrounding area here but I am in hopes that our establishment and others which have come into this area will help to improve this area.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will once again choose the Best Inn Hollywood at which to stay. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dallas TX
Reviewed March 29, 2008

Looks like some customers expected to stay in Beverly Hills, and they got Hollywood. I paid for two rooms for five nights from 19-23 March 08; one for me and one for my friends. We all found our rooms to be a good value for the area, and our "do not disturb" signs were respected, unlike another place I stayed recently on Sunset Blvd., next to the In'nOut Burger, where they insisted on invading my privacy on their schedule every day, like a marine "DI" [hint for their name]. For more dollars and less value.
I found the staff to be cooperative, the rooms clean and comfortable, and the refrigerator and microwave are a welcome bonus if you want to hold down costs. Very convenient location to Hollywood.
Highly recommended for the traveler on a budget.

• Liked — Clean, fridge and microwave
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
UK
Reviewed July 23, 2007

Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights after a 6 month world wide holiday. Location is great about 5 mins walk from central Hollywood. Rooms were large, clean and had more amenities then most other motels we had stayed in. Manager was fairly helpful and we had a great rate of around $60/night from a discount coupon. Best to hire a car as surounding area not great. Overall a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed July 2007
Kent UK
Reviewed August 30, 2006

I've stayed here 15 times in the last year! I'm was totally surprised at the other negative reviews hence my thoughts on the subject.

Whenever I'm in town I choose to stay here. The staff have always been exceedingly friendly, professional & helpful. In addition the rates are exceedingly good, the rooms are clean & well equipped including fridge, microwave & very efficient air conditioning. I have stayed in a total of about 8 different rooms all of which I have found to be very secure & soundproof.

It is centrally located in easy reach of all freeways & is in the shadows of the Hollywood sign. If you are concerned about the area don't be I've always found it to be safe and there is an enclosed parking lot where each car passes the office.

As a frequent traveller to LA over the past 13 years I can confidently say that this place competes very favorably with others that are at least twice the price. My advise is stay at least one night & see for yourself .....& enjoy spending the money you've saved on one of the many things LA has to offer.

Stayed August 2006
6 Thank PCH94133
Reviewed November 13, 2005

This is the worse Hotel I have ever stayed in......seriously!!! Got there Friday at 12:00 and was told to wait 30 minutes for the room to be done. Was overcharged $30 for the room (later refunded). Got into the room and after a logn drive wanted to take a shower. Found that the water was going to be off until 6pm. There was a lot of constructiong going on at the hotel at the time. We woke up Saturday morning at 8:00 to the noise of the roof being re done (were not told) about 10 minutes later we get a call saying the water was going to be turned off again and to get up now and shower. Actually we never got the call our friends did and the owner told them to tell us for him. So apart from being woke up we laid in bed for a while trying to relax when the f**kning light falls on our bed. We had to leave the hotel for the entite day to get away from the noise and the fact that we couldn't use the toilet. When asked to refuns money they pretty much said too bad! Worse hotel ever!!!

• Stayed November 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Inn Hollywood for your recent stay in our area.

I am so sorry that your stay at our inn was such an unpleasant one. Having the water turned off so that you couldn’t use the shower or the toilet certainly was a serious inconvenience to put it lightly. I’m sure also that the sounds of the construction work didn’t add to your enjoyment either.

I am sorry that you weren’t told when you reserved your room that there would be construction going on at that time so that you could have made a decision whether you wanted to stay with us during that time or not.

Having the light fall on you must have been a very frightening experience. Thank God that you were not hurt.

One good thing that I can share with you is that the construction work going on at our establishment at that time will add to the future enjoyment which our guests will be able to enjoy.

I hope that when you are next visiting in our area, that you will decide to stay at the Best Inn Hollywood, I think you will be greatly pleased.

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Reviewed October 8, 2005

From the outside this place looked fine but once inside, the room smelled pretty bad. I was exhausted from a day of travel so I just ignored it and went to bed. The next morning I got up to prepare for a job interview. I went to take a shower and found it broken. Being on a time schedule, I did what I could to clean up and get dressed. Upon checking out, I made sure to tell the front desk about the shower so it could be fixed before the next person staying checked in. Instead of being thankful, the Indian girl I spoke to was extremely rude and started yelling at me. Taken by suprise, I tried to understand why she was behaving this way. She started screaming at me, calling me names and saying that I was trying to trick her (with what?). To be honest, I was frightened by her so I got in my car to leave. She followed me to my car screaming obscenities and threatening me to get off her property. I couldn't believe that her parents, who also run the hotel, were standing there as well and did nothing to stop her. Anyone thinking of staying here should not. There are plenty of other hotels in the area for the same price that are much nicer looking and closer to the tourist attractions. This was an extremely unsettling incident that I do not wish on anyone.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Inn Hollywood for your recent visit to our area.

I am so sorry about the inconvenience of the broken shower. Upon receipt of your review, the maintenance staff was immediately notified and steps were taken to make sure that that sure and others in our establishment were working properly. The maintenance staff and the housekeeping staff as well received additional training in their responsibilities in making sure that all of the facilities and appliances in the rooms were in kept in proper working order.

Thank you so much for taking the time to try to tell the staff person at the front desk about the problem with the shower. I want you to know that I greatly appreciate your kind intentions. I just can’t put into words how sorry I am for the extremely rude way in which you were treated. I am sure that as you say, this was an extremely unsettling incident.

Upon receipt of your review, immediate steps were taken to see to it that our staff people received additional training in how our valued guests are to be treated. It was made clear to them that rudeness will not be tolerated under any circumstances.

I hope that the next time you are in our area, you will once again decide to stay at the Best Inn Hollywood. I think you will be very pleased with your next stay at the Best Inn Hollywood .

Reviewed October 1, 2005

Overall, I would say this hotel is well worth your money. It is well located - less than 10 minutes from Universal Studios and the main attractions on Hollywood Blvd, plus there is a 7 Eleven literally 1 minute away and a drugstore on the corner. Also, the microwave and fridge were useful. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2005