“Go elsewhere”

Legend Hotel Hollywood
Ranked #158 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

The good: great location... It's a couple of blocks from Hollywood & Vine. There's a 7 eleven next to it, and a 24 hours subway across the street. There's also a cafe caddy-corner from it. Parking is narrow but manageable. That's where the good ends.

The bad: We stayed in ground floor room 109 for one night... And we now consider that our unluky number. Cost after tax $91.

There was a considerable gap below the door that let quite a draft in the room. Had to cover it with a towel.
Only over head lights... No lamp by the bed side.
There were questionable stains on the top comforter cover. Sheets were rough and the blanket was fuzzing away and rough.
The room smelled SUPER strong of some incense or air freshener. It was STRONG. We were able to open the window to air it out some.... Which led us to realize that it was super easy to break into the room via that window (which faces some strange back alley).
You could hear everything from the outside. The cleaning storage room is right next to 109 and its doors need some serious WD40. They kept opening an closing it in the late afternoon. It was difficult to sleep because anyone walking by and talking even in normal tones could be heard.

I understand that in any city like this, there are homeless people and vagrants, but there were lots right around this one and they could just walk thru the lot. In the morning, a woman with no pants on asked me for a pair of pants... Which I would've donated had I had an extra pair on me.
Anyway, the donuts in the morning were "meh". Delivered from some place, but they tasted like yesterday's donuts, but whatever.
The bathroom was clean-ish (clean enough). The sink plumbing faucet needs fixing because when you turn up the water knob, water pours out of the sides of the faucet. The icing on the cake was the shower... Which did not work. You could turn on the water and it would sputter on the bottom spout, but when you raised the knob it would send a few drops through the top and just spray everywhere on the bottom. The front desk literally said nothing when we walked to tell them at the office.

We decided to just leave. And next time pay the extra $100 per night when we're in a big city looking for a good location.

• Stayed: March 2013
8  Thank AegisRose
There are newer reviews for Legend Hotel Hollywood

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Rude staff.
mid clean.
charge us extra nights. stay away it will cost you much more.

The rooms are normal but the staff is horrible. My girlfriend and I stayed booked 2 nights. their browser was not working correctly so it triple booked us. "kindly" they called us to verify and offer to cancell our accomodation. After a very rude behavour from the general staff (most are from India) and signing for our 2 night stayed we realized they charged us an extra night on a higher rate. in spide of the efforts to try to explain they are now basicly ignoring our calls. note we only recieved confirmation for 2 nights.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ARTURO R
Reviewed November 29, 2012

the place was clean. parking was limited. we have to park outside at one point as we arrived very late one night. staff were ok but not that helpful. the room got the necessary things like fridge and microwave.
the location of the hotel is so central with everything. nearby 7-11 and cvs for immediate needs and walking distance to hollywood blvd and highland ave.
breakfast is not considered breakfast at all!!! one piece of donut and a cup of coffee which you will get at the office every morning if you want to.
the only thing i didn't like was i was charged more compared to the advertised rate. orbitz took the reservation and thought it will be deducted immediately from my credit card but when i arrived there, that's the only time they deducted it from my account. the staff said it's how it is. i cannot back out as i have made the reservation already.

Room Tip: arrive early on site every night to have a parking space.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank free_radical08
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have read past reviews and was skeptical because some reviews documented that the Staff was unfriendly. I wonder if the people who said that were somewhat unpleasant First because the Staff was Friendly and attentive. They were pleasant and helped immediately when needed. When we arrived early the room was thought to be done. However when we got to the room it was not cleaned because someone had just checked out. The maid immediately cleaned the room and thanked me for giving her the time to do it( We walked to 7-11 for Slurpees as it was hot). The key card had not worked at First and the Staff helped with that Immediately and the entire time they helped Us they were pleasant and Smiling.
The room was cleaned Daily and We got the room with a picture of Marilyn Monroe and her Famous pose:). We didnot have the breakfast but they offered that. The only complaint We HavE is that the internet was slow sometimes.
Theres so many things in walking distance from the location such as pizza, markets, 7-11, landromat, coffee, chinese food, mexican food etc. Plus you are two blocks from the Famous HollYWooD BlvD:). awesome:).

Room Tip: Room #215 has the picture of Marilyn monroe In her famous pose and has a view of The Knickerbocker a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrisHAnNDecE
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Staff was EXTREMELY rude. Especially when I called to inquire about a $50 charge on my debit card. They charged for smoking in the room when we did not, as we are non smokers. When I called about this charge, the person with whom I spoke to would not let me get a word in, would not listen to me, talked over me, called me a liar, and even hung up. Very unprofessional. I am extremely upset with the way I was treated and will never return or recommend this hotel to friends.

The location is great. The room is decent for price/location, but of course not once you get home and see an additional charge taken from your account. We spent maybe 4 hours in the room. Checked in very late, took showers, went to the club and didn't return until about 7am. We had two young men walk us back to the hotel (safety), and were questioned by hotel staff as to how many people we had staying because they saw them. They were trying to sneak in charges for that, as well. We checked out within a couple of hours, well before check out time. We didn't even sleep in the beds. My rating is solely based off of how I was treated by the staff. Awful. The ultimate cost of this stay was definitely not worth it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank AshlyHoopFirefly
Reviewed October 10, 2012

excellent location, tidy rooms, average bathrooms but clean, good parking, regular room service, free filtered coffee and donuts from 7am, overall a good experience which is a plus in my book and would stay again

Room Tip: upstairs and out the back although we were in the front cnr, street noise was hardly heard
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Spent few nights in this motel and truly enjoyed it! Much better than I expected it to be - for the price . Two short blocks behind Hollywood blvd, a short walk to Trader Joe (a great place to buy cheap organic food), short walk to starbucks, 10min walk to Kodak theatre- on one side -24 hr pharmacy across the street- the hills and Hollywood sign on another side(I recommend the hike!) Area is very safe. While walking towards the motel you will see the famous sign directly above it. My room was very clean and felt safe - the hotel has modern electronic key system installed and someone is at the office all the time. Everything was very clean and looked new - wooden window blinds keep the light totally away if you wish - great for tired travellers. You get : cable tv, small fridge , microwave, wireless internet, comfy bed , photo of someone very famous on the wall,coffee in the morning (did not try so don't know if good but they have it), computer in the office for guests.Staff is extremely helpful and nice - they literally go out of their way to assure you are happy with your stay was my impression.I arrived early before check in time and someone was there waiting and my room was ready waiting for me with air conditioner on. Don't know about parking- did not bring my car- parking lot was full with cars when was there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo