“Had a great Degustation meal here”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Picca

Picca
Reserve with OpenTable
Picca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #174 of 9,898 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Japanese, Peruvian, Latin
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: LAX Area
Cross street: South Beverly Drive
Description: Picca is a Peruvian cantina, marrying the tradition & culture of Peruvian cuisine with the incredible bounty our home in Southern California offers. Here you'll find dishes not only highlighting the classics like anticucho corazon (grilled beef heart skewers) & ceviches, but also some surprises influenced by the diversity of Peruvian culture. From Nikkei to Chifa, Pisco to Callao, our family-style dining showcases all that's best about Peru.
New Zeland
“Had a great Degustation meal here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Were lucky to get into this place. The food was divine. The service impeckable. Us four girls had a great time. Pricey but what the hell on your second night in LA. Was worth the money.

• Visited May 2014

Boston, MA
“Excellent Food and Drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

Food here was phenomenal. Drinks were unique and very tasty. (I think we tried 5 different drinks at our table, with no complaints at all)

Service seemed to be a bit slow, which was fine for us, but I wouldn't go here if I was in a hurry to get out in a finite amount of time.

The menu is huge - almost overwhelming. I recommend telling your server what your table doesn't like (we had one who didn't like lamb - was not a problem) and then taking recommendations from the server.

The one dish you should try is their play on sushi - Causa. I found it to be amazing, and I could have made a meal out of several of those dishes myself.

I would definitely go back here next time I'm in the area.

Visited May 2014
Santa Monica, California, United States
“One of my fave restaurants in L.A.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Third time I've been here. Was celebrating my birthday with my hubby and kids. Picca is a Peruvian tapas bar with a great variety of menu items. Our server, Stephanie, was flawless. My fave dishes were and are the beef heart and the ox tongue. Sounds gross, but they season and cook them so well, you think you're eating filet mignon. Also had the seabass tiradito and the halibut ceviche. Both were excellent. My 14 year old daughter had the beef tartare and the octopus. Both were tender and tasty. As my 6 year old didn't really care for the sea urchin butter on her beef skewers, they cooked another 2 skewers without the sauce, which she liked. She did, however, gobble up the molten chocolate cake while the rest of us feasted on churros. Didn't have any of their specialty drinks this time, but have had them in the past. They're good, but I suggest you take a taxi home as they are quite potent! Overall, a great restaurant with great service.

• Visited May 2014
Huntsville, Alabama
“Interesting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Dined here on business in January. Service was good and atmosphere was really nice, though a bit loud. I ordered the pollo Saltado and it was pretty good. I was far more interested in the desserts! I ordered the tres leches cake and wasn't too crazy about it. The churros, however, were incredible. And whatever they do to the chocolate sauce that comes with them...wow.

• Visited January 2014
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Romantic atmosphere, amazing food and drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

An awesome atmosphere, but make sure to get a reservation! We sat upstairs in the loft area, very secluded and romantic. We had drinks and small plates. I would definitely recommend the Chicharron de pollo and Anticucho pulpo. The drinks were amazing as well (I had some sort of fancy margarita, can't remember the name but it was delicious!). Our waiter was very knowledgeable, and offered great selections on both food and drink since we had such a hard time deciding. I will definitely be going back again soon.

• Visited January 2014