“Awesome Cirque”
Review of IRIS by Cirque du Soleil - CLOSED

IRIS by Cirque du Soleil
More attraction details
Owner description: IRIS A Journey through the World of Cinema(™), the first permanent production from Cirque du Soleil® in Los Angeles and taking up residence exclusively at the world-renowned Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center. IRIS is a lyrical, fanciful, kinetic foray through the world of cinema bringing together dance, acrobatics, live video, and filmed sequences and takes spectators on a fantastic voyage through the history of cinema and its genres.Featuring 72 performers, 200 costumes, 8,300 square feet of floor surface, 174 loudspeakers, 603 lighting features, 20 video projectors, and 166,000 watts of sound, IRIS joins the other Cirque du Soleil resident productions in scale, scope and size. IRIS is written and directed by French director-choreographer Philippe Decoufle, whose credits include opening and closing ceremonies of the 1992 Winter Olympics in Albertville. IRIS features music by Grammy® and Emmy Award® winner and Academy Award® nominee Danny Elfman.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was one of the most intense entertainment I've seen! Very colorful, definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat, truly gifted performers. It is well worth the price of admission and will definitely bring the family on our next trip to Hollywood! It is so much better in person; I don't think I blinked once, I didn't want to miss a thing!

1  Thank LFerg117

Reviewed February 9, 2014

The show was great. Drinks weren't cheap and my bf got in trouble for taking pictures. lol. Over all very entertaining and a historically acurate portrayal of the 20's Hollywood scene.

1  Thank Kristyn24
Reviewed December 28, 2013

So - my friend and I have a fun agreement. No gifts for our birthday.... let's just do something together fun. So off to a Cirque show. I truly loved this very entertaining show. I even bought a souvenir cup at the bar at intermission.

1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed November 25, 2013

You've gotta take kids to this great show. Their reactions to the stupendous acrobatics is worth the price of admission. They are fascinated and amazed to see humans doing things they've only seen in movies and on TV through special effects.

1  Thank George M
Reviewed October 29, 2013

IRIS was the fifth Cirque du Soleil show we've seen and was enjoyable, but over priced. The Hollywood Blvd area is a colorful area to visit. Safe I'm sure, but be mindful of your surroundings. Not sure if the show is still running.