“I enjoy this place!”

Figaro Bistrot
Ranked #642 of 9,898 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: LAX Area
Los Angeles, California
“I enjoy this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

This Place is really an authentic cute little french restaurant! I enjoy the food and the interior of this restaurant. I love the desserts most specially the lemon tart! We'll definitely try other dishes next time! :)

Stella&Raphael

• Visited December 2013

billings, mt
“Funky cute French Cafe in Los Feliz.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Thrilled to find this little restaurant in Los Feliz. Very small space with a few outdoor tables. Cute shabby chic decor with great lighting, comfortable seating and wonderful atmosphere. We all enjoyed our dishes. I had the salmon served
with asparagus and lentils and it was wonderfully prepared, not overcooked. Service is excellent and prices are moderate.

• Visited March 2014
Los Angeles, California
“one of my favorite local spots”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

You need to know what you're getting into before coming here. I cannot stress this enough.

If you want to go somewhere with super quick, impeccable service and a colder, more private experience, this is probably not the spot for you. I love this place because its very French. The servers are friendly but not always on top of everything. But the reasons I love this place so much:

A. The outside sidewalk seating is really nice for the LA weather and people watching on an actually busy walking street.
B. Because the tables outside are so close to each other, you almost always leave Figaro with a new friend.
C. The people this place attracts are eclectic. Friendly and interesting people from all walks of life and all over the world.
D. You don't feel rushed to finish your meal and leave. If you wanted, you could order a cappuccino and sit outside for hours and its all good. I've had brunches last up to 5 hours here with the right, fun people.
E. The Happy Hour is a steal and sitting outside at sunset is the perfect way to wind down from your day. Its from 5-7 every day of the week. They have $3 Kronenbergs, house wine, and various cocktail deals including one happy hour special every day. They also have a happy hour food menu that is really affordable. My go-to is the beef carpaccio.

I mostly come here for happy hour, but brunch is great, too. I've never had a full-on dinner here but I've heard the its good. In my opinion, the dinner prices are a little steep.

Its a great locals spot. I always bring friends from out of town here. Its also nice to walk up and down Vermont Street a little before heading out. Some really great stores and bars.

Parking: They have valet in the evenings, but you can usually find a street spot within a couple blocks.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank sarahhass
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Wonderful French cafe, great for brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is a really lovely neighborhood cafe that truly feels Parisian. THE WAITERS ARE FRENCH, PEOPLE. Well, not all of them. At least one or two. Maybe they're faking it for tips but it totally works. Tell me more about the soup du jour, Jacques...

Anyway, I came here twice during my visit since it was very near our Airbnb apartment. The first morning, my friend spied a cronut in the pastry case and asked the (incredibly friendly and adorably sweet) hostess if we could have it, even though we hadn't sat down yet, and she goes "It's got your name on it!!" She brought it as soon as we got settled. It was huge, and epic, and delicious, and thank goodness we split it between four people. I cannot imagine eating all that flaky goodness myself (actually I can. But you probably shouldn't).

I got a build-your-own scrambled eggs, with gruyere, peppers, and spinach. They were lovely and soft, and came with a tangy little side of greens and some potatoes - not breakfasty hashbrowns, but yummy roasted ones. I also got peppermint tea which was looseleaf and came in a huuuuge kettle. I love that - nothing sucks like paying $3 for tea and you just get a teabag in a small mug of water (I'm looking at you, Starbucks. And most restaurants, honestly.) The eggs were soft and yummy, the sides a perfect accompaniment, and I'm pretty sure they brought bread to the table too? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. I think they did. And that's great!

We came back another day for coffee/tea and lingered. They serve lattes in these massive mugs that are essentially bowls. So cool. I'm surprised at the mixed reviews since we spent such pleasant hours here. I'd stop back in a heartbeat!

• Visited December 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“A Great Happy Hour Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Excellent drinks at happy hour, 4-7 each night. Almost all the choices for appetizers are only $4.00 and are very plentiful. Each person in our group ordered two appetizers which were a great plenty. Really liked the crab cakes and the carpaccio de boeuf.

Visited February 2014