“If I'm in L.A., I go to Figaros”
Review of Figaro Bistrot

Figaro Bistrot
Ranked #521 of 10,202 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: LAX Area
Reviewed July 21, 2013

With family now in L.A., we have found ourselves visiting the last two summers. Last year, we were treated to Happy Hour at Figaros. We sat at the sidewalk tables and thoroughly enjoyed the wine and hors d'oeuvres, and the very reasonable price. The weather in L.A.is always great, making sidewalk dining a great opportunity to enjoy the weather. Plus, in Los Feliz, it's a great spot for 'people watching,' especially since seemingly everybody who comes by is friendly. There's just a great atmosphere. Well, that was last year. When we returned to L.A. this summer, we insisted on returning to Figaros. Again, another great experience. Great people, great food, great drinks, great environment. I highly recommend it (except when I'm in town, because I want to assure myself one of the sidewalk tables!).

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I go there for the Croque Madame and the pastries. Remove the egg and you have a Croque Monsieur, which I also love.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We discovered this place as we were walking up Vermont Avenue. It's just across the street and north about a block from Il Capriccio Restaurant, another excellent place to eat. Figaro has a row of outdoor tables along its storefront which fill quickly in the mornings. We only went there for breakfast--but we did so every morning. To begin with, they have the best coffee on the West Coast, bar none. Very smooth and flavorful without a hint of Starbuckiness.Their breakfast entrees are large enough to share. We had the croissant with smoked salmon and brie; the croissant alone filled half of the large plate. And it's served with a light and lovely green salad so you don't feel too guilty. But their crowning glory is their patisserie: every pastry is light and flaky, every tart is rich with cream or goat cheese or magic. Service can be slow and occasionally confused, but the food and coffee are definitely worth a little patience.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My daughter treated me to this wonderful restaurant. It was better than a Paris cafe because the wait staff was amazingly attentive - specifically Robin. The food was wonderful, we had Carpaccio, Escargot, Moules Marinieres, Kir Royals, Cabernet, Espresso, Cappuccino and Creme Brulee! Just delicious. The bonus was we were there at Happy Hour and the bill was less than $80. The restaurant interior appears to have been transported from France. Figaro has the charm, the food and the wine list, this not to be missed. Figaro Bistrot is just perfect!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have been to Figaro many times and each time I feel like I'm in Paris. It may be small but you can always get seated either inside or on the sidewalk. I have never eaten anything here that wasn't good. My favorite thing to do is come, sit at the sidewalk tables, drink wine, and eat a little snack with friends while we people watch. This last visit I took my seven year old daughter who is Miss Picky eater, she loved the bread and jam and ate most of her quiche. Starbuck's move over. Je prefere le Cafe Figaro.

1  Thank lisa h