“Lovely guide but viewing difficult”

All Star Showbiz Tours
Ranked #56 of 251 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: "Entertaining Sightseeing Tours With A Touch Of Class & Pizzazz". Tour Hollywood, Movie Stars & Celebrity Homes, Beverly Hills, Bell Air, Holmby Hills, Rodeo Drive, Beach Tours and Much More !!! Tours are Guided by Singer/Actress Shellee-Ann Kellee in a luxury, Semi Open, Air Conditioned and or Heated Coach. "Best Tour in L.A." by the Travel Channel. Tours Available - 2 1/2 Hour Star Tour, 5 Hour Star & Beach and 8 Hour All Day Tours. Winery Tours available ( Also Private Tours ). Tour Times 1:30pm & Sometimes 11:30am, 3:00pm or 4:00pm but Times are Flexible. Reservations are Required. Please don't arrive in Hollywood without a Reservation, Shellee my be on tour. Get Ready for an Amazing Family Fun, Entertaining Tour with Shellee-Ann Kellee as your Personal Tour Guide.
glen rock, nj
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Lovely guide but viewing difficult”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have to say that our family went on this tour because of the rave reviews the guide received from TripAdvisor. While true that she was very friendly and kind and knowledgeble about the area and the biography of the Hollywood stars (albeit stars of a bygone era), the van is enclosed thus really limiting your view to the side you are seated on. We took this tour because it was a hot day and I thought the air-conditioning was a necessity instead of being out in the sun in an open air vehicle. But now I wish we had done the open air as it was really difficult to see things on the opposite side of the van from our seats. Also, I think her air-conditioning needs recharging as it was only barely comfortable inside. Most of the views of the star's homes was a disappointment as the shrubbery is so high that we were usually viewing the rooflines. Kind of disappointing in that regard. We would have appreciated one or two stops to stretch our legs like when we passed Beverly Hills Park or even the shops on Rhodeo drive. That would have broken the trip up a bit and would have been fun instead of seeing so many rooftops of stars homes. Just a suggestion to the very nice guide. Also don't understand why "tips are appreciated" when the owner is running the vehicle.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank luvturquoisesea
showbiztours, Owner at All Star Showbiz Tours, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thanks for taking my tour. Had you had taking a topless tour you would have seen how really extra hot you would have been and I can assure you how much shorter the tour would have been and most likely not showing you any old movie star homes, but I do because it;s all apart of history since they were some of the best stars and now only 15 % of the well established very rich newer stars actually live there all the others are all scattered around the whole valley and if the other tour people tell you otherwise then there not telling the truth. I just had my air recharged a few weeks ago, but this September and the day you took the tour was extra hot and any inclosed bus you would have went on would have been the same temp. And you knowingly knew before you came on my tour it was inclosed but unlike all the other inclosed buses my windows are extra tall making it much better to see out of. And I do make one stop but since you were 15mins late I had to be somewhere else . And I also gave your daughter a free tour because I over sold by one because I did;nt know if you would be coming for sure. So when you three made it I asked if your wife and daughter could sit together . As far as having a litter sign in the back saying tips are appreciated is concerned , I may be the owner but I work very hard at what I do. ( If you went into an eatery and the owner served you great service would you not tip them ? ) You would never know the bills I have for being an owner , all the taxes, gas , insurance , ect. I have a house and many bills and I do it all by my self . And get most of my customers out there on my corner of Orange and Hollywood Blvd at my both. I can be out there for hours some days and not get one customer. I only joined T. A. In Oct 2011. And have been getting Wonderful reviews from mostly all the good peeps on the street seeing how hard I work at selling my tour, And all by myself . No one helping me. And then getting in my bus and give everyone all I have to give on my very entertaining tour I have been doing for 10 1/2 years. And I love What I do And in no way deserve only a very damaging 3 dots . But you just can.t please every one no mater how hard you work at it .

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed the Tour whilst stopping over in LA as part of our Honeymoon. We decided on All Star Showbiz Tours from reading the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. Shellee-Ann was an excellent host and made the tour both interesting and entertaining. She was very easily located outside the coffee bean opposite Grauman's Chinese Theatre. We were warmly welcomed in a very genuine way and we instantly knew we had made the right choice. She even suggested an excellent Italian restaurant to us for after the tour, which we really enjoyed. I cannot recommend Shellee-Ann's tour enough and the very best of luck to her in the future.

Los Angeles, California, United States
“Best tour in LA...hands down!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were at first a little skeptical about the tour because it was a little late in the day and we got a real good discounted price.( Around $20). I was with 2 of my cousins visiting from NYC so..I really wanted these skeptics to have a good time. When we got into the van and she started singing...i watched my cousins roll their eyes in disappointment and wrote this off as a bust. But, the tour guide was so warm and so knowledgable, they absolutley loved her by the time the tour was over. She was very helpful and offered some "must see local spots" that they should check out.She was great! It didnt feel rushed at all and the Air conditioned van was a nice touch in the hot weather. It was a great tour.

Visited July 2012
Marana, Arizona
“Very Intertaining”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Shellee was a terrific tour guide and terrific singer! We would take her informative and humorous tour next time we are in the LA area!

Visited July 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
“The best and most delightful tour you will ever be on”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I absolutely loved her tour! One of the nicest people you will ever meet, she is such a wonderful person and such a great tour guide! Enthusiastic, friendly, funny, well informed. What a truly, truly amazing tour!

Visited August 2012