“Top hotel in a great location”

Loews Hollywood Hotel
Ranked #17 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Top hotel in a great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I booked 3 Junior suites for 2 nights. The rooms was spacious and clean and the views were great.

I needed some assistance regarding my reservation before my arrival date and Katie from the special service department was quick to response and very helpful with my enquires so top marks for her.

The only reason i'm not giving this a 5 star was the lobby was closed due to refurbishing so I couldnt have a main point to meet my other party and it was very loud in the afternoon.

If i'm ever lucky enough to visit LA again, I defo will stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (739)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Aus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

If you're looking to stay in hollywood this place is great. I had a view of the hollywood sign but its not essential and nothing amazing about the view. Dont bother with that room if thats the reason why you're purchasing it haha. I stayed with a friend from LA and he took me around everywhere. Plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance. The room was quite nice but also expensive, I'd say compared to the other places I looked at the quality of the room was worth the price. The only time I experienced their service was during check in when our room was not yet avaliable. They were very good with keeping our bags and said they would call us and we could walk around the shops until then, It only took them 30 minutes to prepare the room. I was happy.

Location wise - Next time I'm staying in santa monica or venice beach, I did stay there for a few days during my trip, and I loved it, the vibe is much cooler, and theres plenty to do, plenty to see, it seems like quite a creative place. Whereas if you walk down hollywood strip be prepared to keep your head down and do not talk to the street performers, no matter how nice they seem to be. If some dude is trying to give you his CD to promote himself, expect that he also wants money for it. The day I left hollywood a woman got killed over a dollar. I'd say its best not to talk to the street performers at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank PkTravelling
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Excellent hotel and service staff. Very good to tourists and right next door (literally) from the Hollywood heights shopping centre, and 100m from the Hollywood strip, Graumanns theatre and all the tour buses ect. However outside of the strip and hotel area it's a bit dodgy- however centre staff were accommodating to this fact and gave good advice and made sure we arrived where we wanted to and didn't end up going through anywhere that was dodgy.
Would highly recommend a+++

Room Tip: As high up as possible and ask for a decent view of the Hollywood sign- they didn't charge or ma...
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a film festival. I made my reservations with them directly and they were so friendly and answered all my important questions. The hotel is located in a mall and is steps away from Hollywood Blvd and important sites such as the Grauman's (TCL) Theatre.
The staff was super friendly and helpful. I had direct contact with the conceirge, valet, housekeeping and front desk. I am grateful for their help.
Magnum from valet valet was extra helpful when I needed to catch my ride to the airport.
The room was nice and spacious.
The beds were so comfortable. Great sheets and mattress.
I would recommend staying if you are planning a vacation in Hollywood.
It is a great large hotel.
I am looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

So delighted to have staff (not even managers) have the leeway to make our stay relaxed, anticipate your needs, exceed your expectations. Staff seemed happy - valet parking, checkin, concierge, etc. Because of renovations (described by others on this site), they provided us with room upgrade, breakfasts, wifi. We had a great time, and again, it was so nice to not have happy staff. Breakfast at Preston's - amazing - try their version of eggs benedict. Location - perfect for tourist attractions, El Capitan right across the street. Details - flavored water in lobby. Pool and workout area and spa - clean and modern. Parking - we self-parked and saved $ in this big city. Thank you, thank you!

Room Tip: We lucked out, high floor with great view and huge bathroom. Recently renovated.
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Arrived in the wee hours of saturday morning but the check-in counter was very attentive. Found out that slight mis-communication with my booking but the night time manager and staff (Britney) was accomodative and apologetic. Even asked us to have breakfast on the house the following morning.

As for location, this is the best hotel in Hollywood. Walking distance to walk of fame, chinese theater, Hollywood boulevard. Lux Bus to Disneyland also does pick-ups from the hotel, there is Hertz car rental located inside, hop-on hop-off buses around the corner.

Romm was bright and clean. No complaints!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank azrieff
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

"When someone does a small task beautifully, their whole environment is affected by it."
- Jerry Seinfeld

I'm a people person... solely because of the interaction w/ certain staff, this stay could've been 1 star, but because of other persona connections and care by other staff, I'm going w/ 4 stars and will plan to be back.

Experiences, In order of appearance:

Concierge, pre-visit: 5 stars - couple of days before our stay, they dropped me a line noting the renovation, possible impacts, and work-arounds. Very much appreciated and while I had concerns about the stay, the customer service had me reassured and the forthrightness of their team impressed me.

Parking, Valet & Bell Desk: 2 stars - Unorganized, unprepared, unforgiving, unfriendly. Pulled in to the parking lanes which were not signed very well and ended up in the maze of a parking lot instead of valet... took some doing but finally circled back and got in the far right lane to valet... only to have the lead valet pretty much yell at me to move the car forward 2-3 feet, just as my daughter & wife were exiting, they instinctively retreated back in to the car. After stopping again, I pulled my own bags out of the trunk, well, they came to help at the last bag. I use the valet to make things EASY... for the price it better be here it wasn't.

Front Desk/Registration: 5 stars - Initial check in was fast, friendly, & informative - both desk guys that afternoon were "on Point". Later after I had an issue with pool, they squashed it quickly & professionally to my satisfaction. Sean was a life saver and the primary reason we'll be back after a uncomfortable run-in w/ Engineering staff.

Room - 4 stars - Good sized Junior Suite, comfy chairs & bed, 40+" flat screen, lots of extra power outlets, air filter vent CLEARLY needed cleaning, dust bunnies peeking out visibly. Huge bathroom, extra pillows, modular workstation & chairs, pretty clean carpet had a few spots in traffic areas. Great views of the Hollywood hills and the infamous Hollywood sign from our room.

Room Service: 5 stars - Ever wait so long for Room Service you forgot you ordered it? NEVER here... food comes piping hot and almost as quick as expected table service, under 30 minutes for a NY Steak, Brown Derby Cobb salad, Club Sandwich, Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese, and a Cheese plate. Quality all the way around - steak was perfect, fries were still hot and crisp - yes crisp fries from room service!

Amenities & Location: 5 Stars - Walk right on to Hollywood Blvd. or the attached Hollywood & Highland shopping center. Watch out for the tour hawkers on the street - very aggressive.

Room Tip: Do the Junior Suite, includes free internet & $50 dining credit, you can face either Hollywood H...