4,330 results
All reviews great location dolby theatre chinese theatre city view universal studios self park junior suite lobby bar per day rooftop pool an upgrade valet parking metro station santa monica beverly hills fame hollywood
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a film festival. I made my reservations with them directly and they were so friendly and answered all my important questions. The hotel is located in a mall and is steps away from Hollywood Blvd and important sites such as the Grauman's (TCL) Theatre.
The staff was super friendly and helpful. I had direct contact with the conceirge, valet, housekeeping and front desk. I am grateful for their help.
Magnum from valet valet was extra helpful when I needed to catch my ride to the airport.
The room was nice and spacious.
The beds were so comfortable. Great sheets and mattress.
I would recommend staying if you are planning a vacation in Hollywood.
It is a great large hotel.
I am looking forward to coming back.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2013

So delighted to have staff (not even managers) have the leeway to make our stay relaxed, anticipate your needs, exceed your expectations. Staff seemed happy - valet parking, checkin, concierge, etc. Because of renovations (described by others on this site), they provided us with room upgrade, breakfasts, wifi. We had a great time, and again, it was so nice to not have happy staff. Breakfast at Preston's - amazing - try their version of eggs benedict. Location - perfect for tourist attractions, El Capitan right across the street. Details - flavored water in lobby. Pool and workout area and spa - clean and modern. Parking - we self-parked and saved $ in this big city. Thank you, thank you!

Room tip: We lucked out, high floor with great view and huge bathroom. Recently renovated.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Arrived in the wee hours of saturday morning but the check-in counter was very attentive. Found out that slight mis-communication with my booking but the night time manager and staff (Britney) was accomodative and apologetic. Even asked us to have breakfast on the house the following morning.

As for location, this is the best hotel in Hollywood. Walking distance to walk of fame, chinese theater, Hollywood boulevard. Lux Bus to Disneyland also does pick-ups from the hotel, there is Hertz car rental located inside, hop-on hop-off buses around the corner.

Romm was bright and clean. No complaints!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank azrieff
Reviewed June 30, 2013

"When someone does a small task beautifully, their whole environment is affected by it."
- Jerry Seinfeld

I'm a people person... solely because of the interaction w/ certain staff, this stay could've been 1 star, but because of other persona connections and care by other staff, I'm going w/ 4 stars and will plan to be back.

Experiences, In order of appearance:

Concierge, pre-visit: 5 stars - couple of days before our stay, they dropped me a line noting the renovation, possible impacts, and work-arounds. Very much appreciated and while I had concerns about the stay, the customer service had me reassured and the forthrightness of their team impressed me.

Parking, Valet & Bell Desk: 2 stars - Unorganized, unprepared, unforgiving, unfriendly. Pulled in to the parking lanes which were not signed very well and ended up in the maze of a parking lot instead of valet... took some doing but finally circled back and got in the far right lane to valet... only to have the lead valet pretty much yell at me to move the car forward 2-3 feet, just as my daughter & wife were exiting, they instinctively retreated back in to the car. After stopping again, I pulled my own bags out of the trunk, well, they came to help at the last bag. I use the valet to make things EASY... for the price it better be here it wasn't.

Front Desk/Registration: 5 stars - Initial check in was fast, friendly, & informative - both desk guys that afternoon were "on Point". Later after I had an issue with pool, they squashed it quickly & professionally to my satisfaction. Sean was a life saver and the primary reason we'll be back after a uncomfortable run-in w/ Engineering staff.

Room - 4 stars - Good sized Junior Suite, comfy chairs & bed, 40+" flat screen, lots of extra power outlets, air filter vent CLEARLY needed cleaning, dust bunnies peeking out visibly. Huge bathroom, extra pillows, modular workstation & chairs, pretty clean carpet had a few spots in traffic areas. Great views of the Hollywood hills and the infamous Hollywood sign from our room.

Room Service: 5 stars - Ever wait so long for Room Service you forgot you ordered it? NEVER here... food comes piping hot and almost as quick as expected table service, under 30 minutes for a NY Steak, Brown Derby Cobb salad, Club Sandwich, Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese, and a Cheese plate. Quality all the way around - steak was perfect, fries were still hot and crisp - yes crisp fries from room service!

Amenities & Location: 5 Stars - Walk right on to Hollywood Blvd. or the attached Hollywood & Highland shopping center. Watch out for the tour hawkers on the street - very aggressive.

Room tip: Do the Junior Suite, includes free internet & $50 dining credit, you can face either Hollywood Hills (and sign) or the shopping center and Hollywood Blvd.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We booked and unlike the others we were informed that there would be renovation going on... as is at most other hotels at this time (we checked). We were there for 8 nights and the person that checked us in, Sean, was by far the greatest person I have ever dealt with at any hotel, ever. He was on top of everything so kudos to him. The Reno started and Valet moved into the garage which was kind of a cluster but the guy that helped us the most down there, Kevin, was awesome as well (if not for him it would only be "average"). The "Very Good" and not "Excellent" is because of the valet cluster.
The views from the rooms are absolutely fantastic. From Hollywood Hills views to great sweeping views of LA. The room was clean and very nice and the bed/chairs were comfortable. Bathroom was nice as well. Nice desk to work at if needed and plenty of light.

Room tip: If you want views of the hollywood hills and downtown get a room facing highland but closer to the hollywood hills. If you have the pleasure of dealing with Sean then you will be set!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple