4,240 results
All reviewsgreat locationdolby theatrechinese theatrecity viewuniversal studiosself parkjunior suitelobby barrooftop poolper dayvalet parkingloved this hotelan upgrademetro stationsanta monicabeverly hillsfame
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Was pleased to be able to check in significantly earlier than the listed check in time.

The bell desk staff provided relevant and useful information and assistance with our luggage convoy.

The room had a great view of the Hollywood sign and the city, the bathroom was spacious and very clean.

The location was perfect walking distance to just about everything, and the proximity to the shops and restaurants kept our bellies full and our luggage convoy growing.

The only negative was the lack of wifi, of all the hotels we stayed this was the first to not offer free access.

We had several parcels delivered before our arrival and initially was told only 1 had arrived. It was only after paying $12.95 for wifi and being able to produce the electronic proof of delivery that the other parcels were located. Although frustrating this was not enough to shift our opinion that we would return to this hotel for future trips.

Would recommend self parking as the easier more affordable option.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Melissa C
James H, Manager at Loews Hollywood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

It is wonderful to know that our team provided you with useful “in the know” information.

We are pleased that you were able to enjoy a view of the iconic Hollywood sign.

It is a delight to know that our team provided you with a memorable experience.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This was our first trip to America & the first place we stayed in so our first impression was quite favourable. We had just travelled 17 hours from Australia with 2 children & were pretty exhausted so when we arrived at the hotel a few hours before check in we were told that our room was ready & we could go straight up. The room was very clean & the beds comfortable. Location was brilliant as we could walk everywhere & also catch the train to Universal Studios located just down from our hotel. There was a shopping mall right next door & the hop on hop off Redline bus tour right outside the hotel which we caught to the Santa Monica Pier. We could also see the Hollywood sign from our window. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for tourists wanting to experience LA for the first time & for a fairly decent price.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank tonman69

What an honor to know Loews Hollywood Hotel was your first impression of approachable luxury lodging in the U.S.

It sounds like your family created some terrific memories during your stay. (Universal Studios is one of our favorites too!)

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Loews is my favorite hotel chain and I was excited to try this hotel located in Hollywood. Upon reserving the room for two nights I was full of excitement. When I arrived I decided to do valet parking as I was just too tired to park the car myself (it was close to midnight). Valet costs $38. Self-parking is $10. The only thing about self-parking is that you have to pay again if you decide to leave the premises.

The front desk clerk was very cordial. She mentioned that I got an upgrade. Of course I was ecstatic upon hearing this. However, when I got to the room I realized I was given a handicap room instead (so my advice is to next time ask what upgrade was given). Because of the room type and location (it was actually quite noisy from the 8th floor), I called the front desk the next morning and requested to be moved to another room (even if it was just a standard). I was given a room on the 14th floor, which was actually my preference since it was quieter (less street noise). Prior to arriving at the hotel I requested an upper floor. I always do.

The room and bed was extremely comfortable. What I didn't like was the slow internet connection (there's a $12.95 fee) and the in-room movie (around $12.99-$16.99 each). So basically there were fees that would add up if you were not paying attention. For example, make sure you look at the prices of items from the bar before you eat/drink something. I suggest you purchase your snacks elsewhere. There's a lot of stores/shops along Hollywood/Highland - you can purchase a water bottle for half the price.

The only thing I did not like during my stay was actually the checkout. The line was not clear. I stood in line thinking it was the right place. However, there was someone approaching the desk. The patron saw me so I thought he would stand behind me. Instead he went directly to the front desk. The clerk helped them first for a good five minutes. I was not really angry as I was the next one in line anyway and the clerk did see me. But the worse thing was that after I had checked out, I had three heavy bags with me and I was walking towards the door lobby. I saw a staff member standing there with his nametag (should have looked at it) and I figured he would at least open the door as I had my hands full. Instead, he just looked at me and just stood there. I felt as though I was not a guest there at all. He practically stood there with a blank stare. I opened the door myself using my back. It was just an odd moment.

Note: The surrounding areas are somewhat questoinable at night. As I mentioned I arrived late but wanted to purchase snacks as the prices in the room was astronomical. I walked along Hollywood Blvd. at around midnight. NOT A GOOD IDEA! There's just a lot of interesting/seedy characters walking and sometimes asking for money. If you need to go out, make sure it's during the daytime to early evening when there's lots of tourists.

I had high hopes in choosing this hotel since it's a Loews. Unfortunately, I have to rate it an average as it did not meet my expectations at all. I really thought it would be similar to the Loews I stayed at in Tucson or San Diego. It was basically a regular/standard hotel comparable to a stay at Best Western. I think you're paying for the location as it is in the middle of Hollywood - Dolby Theater, Mann's Chinese, Hollywood Walk of Fame, shops, restaurants, museums, subway, etc. Would I stay here again? Of course! I have high hopes it will continue to improve. I am still a Loews fan through and through and will just hope for the best the next time I come stay in Hollywood. After all, the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TRTW

Thank you for your feedback.

We are disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations on your recent visit to Loews Hollywood Hotel.

Our hotel’s vibrant and exciting Hollywood location will soon be matched with inviting new interiors that reflect warmth and elegance as we begin a complete renovation in late March.

Please feel free to contact me at your leisure should your future travels bring to Hollywood.

We will be delighted to assist in planning your visit.

P 323 491 1215

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed at the Loew's Hollywood with my wife and 2 year old son for 4 days and enjoyed the stay. The hotel is clean, comfortable and very convenient to public transportation (Red Line and bus stop outside hotel). I used the exercise center early one morning due to my son's East Coast sleep habits- Hello, 3 AM! The center was funtional with a few treadmills and some weights. We did not use the pool or eat at any restaurants. The staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful, although the concierge wasn't as up on the neighborhood as I would have expected but a friendly guy. The room was fairly large with a king-size bed and easily fit my son's crib. We had a great view of the Hollywood Hills and the weather was great. The people watching on Hollywood Blvd was pretty interesting as well. My few negatives were the lackluster water pressure in the shower and the charge for wifi in the rooms. I guess that's standard for 4 star hotels but a little too nickle and dime bs for me. Also the price was more than I like to spend for my hotel rooms, hence the 4 star designation. In general though a nice place in a great location.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms on the north side with a view of the hills.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Glad to hear that you had such a memorable visit. Thank you for your feedback.

We agree that our team is exceedingly friendly and some of the best.

Hopefully your little one’s sleeping patterns are back on track!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had a business associate book this hotel for "BARBRA" at the bowl.BEST CONCERT EVER!!!!
in November of 2012. This hotel sent the security up 3 times to our room and said they "could" evict us for noise.They sat outside our room(in the lobby) for 20 minutes waiting for u to LAUGH!The room next door turned out to be a a bigger room and we were just the adjoining suite.The people were complaining at 11:00 into 12:00.I understand but if they had the bigger room why not offer A) either the 3 girls (us)who honostly were barely making noise or the people next to us B) a better room perhaps a "suite"?? What would be the harm it's a HUGE hotel it was a Sunday night.!!! For goodness sake.I have never been treated so horribly in a hotel in my life in the WORLD. Never again, never, never.The Rennaisance hotel would have never stooped so low,so low in fact that I have found it is very hard to write a review for this hotel(now a Lowes)let alone a bad one......Try and find this hotel on tripadvisor. It is a challenge!!!!!They have thugs working for them in security.Since I answered the door 3 times to explain to them that we had not seen each other in quite awhile.....my ENGLISH DOWNTEN ABBEY girlfriend/buisness associate (who has spent many dollars there)said from sitting in the bed "ARE YOU DAFT"???? So my only review for the LOWES Hollywood HOTEL is,C) one question?.....YOU ARE DAFT?????!!!!

Room Tip: Stay at the Roosevelt or "W":
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank gogobellatravel

We agree that Barbara at the Hollywood Bowl was an amazing experience. It is unfortunate to know that your hotel experience was not on par with the rest of the evening.

Do feel free to contact me to further discuss the details of your stay.

P 323 491 1215