WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami, Florida
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic place to stay! We love the hotel, room was clean, quiet, had a view to the Church in the back and we could see the Hollywood Sign from a corner. It is greatly located at walking distance to the Kodak Center and the Hollywood walk of stars. The front desk was attentive and helpful. We saw lots of families visiting and everyone looked happy. The ride to and from the airport was comfortable and not far. We will return when coming back visiting LA.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MJ778
Sean S, Manager at Loews Hollywood Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Happy New Year! Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that our team provided you with friendly and attentive service.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Loews Hollywood Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel is located right next to Chinese- and Dolby theaters, so you cannot stay in much more central location in Hollywood. Just few minutes to Hollywood boulevard hassle.
I didn't like the vibe of Hollywood Bouleward though. Way too many homeless and drunk people there.

Self parking is downstairs of the Mall in the next building. You should get your luggage to the lobby first and only then drive to the garage as it is quite a long way from there to the hotel.
Price for the parking was 10 dollars for 24 hours. It's not bad for Hollywood at all.

Reception service was friendly and effective and the room was quite ok for the price.
In our bill there was a charge for internet connection even though we didn't use it. When I told about it to the front desk it was removed immediately. No need to argue about it. Well handled.

There seemed to be a nice pool area too but it was too cold to use it this time of year.

Next time in LA area I might prefer staying closer to Sunset Strip or maybe somewhere by the sea like Santa Monica.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pekkis_fin
We are thrilled to know that our iconic location served you well on your recent visit.

Indeed our front office team is one of the best. It is wonderful to know that they provided you with prompt and friendly service.

On your return to the area please note that Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel is moments away from Loews Hollywood Hotel. Both facilities would be delighted to welcome you back!

For a complete list of all our exciting destinations visit Loewshotels.com.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

The concierges though extremely busy always take time to assist. I was especially impressed by a young concierge by the name of Marcy. She went out of her way to handle issues from a car rental company I used (avoid renting from downtown Hollywood .. usr airport or alternative location s) I would rate this place a 5 primarily because of location, service and room cleanliness and maintenance

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sean S, Manager at Loews Hollywood Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
We are delighted to know that our concierge team went above and beyond your expectations.
The team takes great pride in what they do. Great to hear that it shows!
We will be certain to pass on your kinds words to Marcy.
Thank you for the feedback on your recent experience.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I live in LA and had a business conference at the Loews Hollywood Hotel. The service is excellent. Everyone from valet who makes you feel like a VIP to housekeeping to the front desk. The rooms are clean, spacious and minimalist. Nothing fancy but everything you need. The beds are very comfortable, there is an in room safe, and an adjustable modern desk and multiple outlets to plug in all our gadgets around the room.

The main conference room is spacious and the food was excellent. The stairs and escalators were cumbersome but you get used to it. The breakout sessions with 500 people using all small conference rooms is a physical nightmare as the hall is too small.

The best part is the location of the hotel. The shopping center is an e tension of the hotel with the best shops and restaurants. You're right on highland and can walk around sunset blvd and enjoy the sights.

The only complaint I have which is hard to fix in such a large hotel is the paper thin walls. I could hear my neighbors, but worst of all I heard everyone who walked by. My room was across from the elevators so I heard the bing every time . There is a gap under the door and it allows all the noise to amplify. Unfortunately that severely ruined my sleep.

Room Tip: Stay far away from the elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JDCNECSCV
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We are glad to know that the hotel’s amazing location served you well during your visit.

Our goal is indeed to ensure that all of our guests have a memorable experience.

We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Baltimore Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have stayed at Loews Hollywood hotel four times now. I used to stay at the Roosevelt, and while I still like that hotel, I have to say that as long as I can afford it I will stay here whenever in Hollywood area from now. Very nice, big rooms. I usually stay in a junior suite. Even in the off season (is there really any off season for LA?) you are going to pay over $200 a room usually, but there are not to many places this nice in area that you won't. I love how the hotel is attached to Hollywood and Highland shopping area, it's just a 5 minutes elevator ride and walk from almost any room in the hotel. Good shopping, great dining only minutes away. Also only minutes away from Graumans and the walk of fame. A great hotel located in the center of the action in Hollywood area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Terpsfan72
Thank you for your loyalty to the Loews Hollywood Hotel.

We are so very pleased to that you are able to take advantage of the hotel’s iconic location in the heart of Hollywood.

On your next visit be certain to say hello. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I must agree with the taxi driver that drove me from the airport to this hotel. It is the best hotel in Los Angeles. Well, at least in its price range. The staff is very professional and polite. It has the best location in Hollywood. The room is spacious and clean. Excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JohnnyVincent
James H, Manager at Loews Hollywood Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our spacious accommodations and that our team delivered such an excellent experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Happy New Year from Loews Hollywood Hotel!

James Howald
VIP Services Manager
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times, but when it made the changeover from a Marriott Renaissance to Loews this summer, my July stay was a pain. There was an error in reservations. Then there was an error in payent and I was double charged. When I disputed and said I found the whole thing quite irritating as it is still be dealt with in December I was told by billing to "be mindful of who I was talking to, I was not talking to the front desk." I did not expect to be chastised for their error. Needless to say, my semi-annual visits will not be spent at Loews, Hollywood. They are not nearly the same caliber service-wise as the Marriott. I don't like to feel like I'm an intrusion when I'm far from home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sari S
Sean S, Manager at Loews Hollywood Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Loews Hollywood Guest,

Please accept my apologies on the billing error you encountered and any confusion resulting from the transition of the hotel to the Loews Hollywood earlier this year. I can understand your frustration working almost 6 months to resolve it. Please contact me at your convenience and I will work with you directly to correct it.

ssteenson@loewshotels.com